Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-30-2008, 07:00 PM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Project V/F : Informant unveiled

After all the anticipation, the time has finally arrived.

Hopefully, we will live up to the hype.

There are few things I've tried quite as ambitious as this. As you read the following, I hope you understand why we need every single last one of you.

We can't accomplish this without you. This is something so huge, that we will be able to look back in disbelief that we actually made it come to life. This is OUR child, not just mine and ___V___s.

It is with great pride and overwhelming excitement that I announce to you our next HDC project.

Ladies and gentlemen, __V__, myself and NeverEndingWonder radio proudly present:

From Aaaargh!-Zombie, the HDC Encyclopedia of Horror.

THE BASICS
1. Each letter will get a number of topics. These can be related to horror in any way.

2. The topics to be considered for each letter will be put to a list vote, just like the HDC Top 100s.

3. For every letter, two randomly selected members who sent in topic lists will be given the opportunity to write a special sidebar about anything they want as long as it pertains to horror and the given letter we're on. The two members chosen will not be eligible to do another sidebar for at least four letters.

4. Crew members will have the opportunity to rotate to different tasks so they won't become board. They also have the option to resign from a crew to be replaced by someone else at any time.

5. __V__ and I will post special projects for each letter, in which we will approach someone we see fit to write about it through pm, requesting their assistance.

6. There will be several small factoids at the bottom of each post which will relate somehow to the topic at hand.

7. Factoids, articles, art and everything else will be on a voluntary basis, but expect to be solicited. Each and every one of you:)

The first letter, A, will be compiled by myself, __V__, The_Return, Despare and Neverending.

We will also be relying on extra help from the only person who guessed correctly what the project was: our very own Doc Faustus!

You will all still be deeply involved in letter A. We need your suggestions, your lists of what you'd like to see written about (all beginning with the letter A) and of course, artists and writers.

After we produce letter A, we will turn letters over to committees to compile the other letters. The six of us will still be an active part. The project is so large, though, that hopefully even __V__ and I will be able to take a letter off. Hopefully.

The time to start sending your lists is now. Please email what you want to see to [email protected]. First deadline for entries to be considered will be November 14, 2008.

I will be here to field questions for the next hour or so. Thoughts?;)
Old 10-30-2008, 07:03 PM
For Vendetta

And here it is, HDC.

Me and Flayed need you! ALL of you!

Bring your questions and doubts forward, and all shall be answered.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Maggie:}

Send a message via AIM to pinkfloyd45769 Send a message via MSN to pinkfloyd45769 Send a message via Yahoo to pinkfloyd45769
Verry cool!!!I'm so excited to see this come together:)Good job you guys;)
Old 10-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Banned

Looks like quite the project....will give some feedback tomorrow.....its off to bed for me now.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
I'm up for art whenever you guys need it. I just need to reinstall Photoshop CS3 because it wasn't working the other day. Is art going to go along with every article or fact, or just ones where the committee sees fit?
Old 10-30-2008, 07:08 PM
For Vendetta

Nite nite, bud. Sleep well, and dont let the ghoulies bite ya. :)
Old 10-30-2008, 07:09 PM
mostly ghostly?

Wow.

Yes.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:10 PM
For Vendetta

Art will be for every letter, and every topic deemed important by the committee.

That would be quite a lot of work actually. Thanks to you, Miss M, it would be easier to breathe.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:11 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Looks like quite the project....will give some feedback tomorrow.....its off to bed for me now.
Sweet Dreams, Newb

Hey guys, don't forget to add 'anthropophagy' for 'A' :)

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 10-30-2008, 07:12 PM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrayne View Post
Sweet Dreams, Newb

Hey guys, don't forget to add 'anthropophagy' for 'A' :)
We wont, if you email us a list this time, miss Office Killer;)