Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-28-2014, 03:12 AM
Evil Dead

I saw The Haunting in Connecticut. It was pretty standard. For modern haunted house movies not on the level of Insidious or The Conjuring but watchable. It had the usual stupid tropes like if the house was haunted why not just MOVE?! But of course the family is always too financially tied to the house for that. What was dumb about this on is the family in question had TWO houses: hey guys just go live in the other one!!!!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:52 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
Is that the one that despite the group of students being a wrestling team they couldn't defend themselves for shit.
That's the one. And the girl at the end sticks with wrestling too. I don't think I've ever heard of girl wrestlers before either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
I - Frankenstein.

You - sucker.

I know - i know - i should have known better than to see a film made by the same people who made the vacuous Underworld series... but i thought - Aaron Eckhart - how bad can it be?

I guess it would be fun for a 12 year old who's never seen anything like it before - but for anyone else - especially someone who saw those awful Turdworld films, it was a terrible waste of time.

It seemed like someone told a 10 year old to rewrite vampires VS werewolves into demons vs gargoyles. The writing - especially the dialogue - was so bad it was insulting.

This movie is the cinematic equivalent of a paint by numbers clown picture.
A couple of very good actors horribly wasted. Uwe Boll would be proud.
I had a feeling this would be bad when I saw one of the Underworld Vampires as the main bad guy. Didn't know it was demons vs gargoyles. The trailers don't show a female character either. At least Underworld had Kate Beckinsale.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:22 AM
Horror Fan

Just finished Satan's Little Helper (2004). This film was baaaaad.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:13 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
In a World... (2013)

Good cast and highly entertaining and charming. I want to see more of Lake Bell. I like her sense of humor.
I've got to see this, with my buddy Frank. He's a wordsmith who's done voice work, and I do a radio show. Love the concept. Hope that's on Netflix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi View Post
... In the first ten minutes of the film, the protagonist admits his girlfriend dumped him because he didn't like the LOTR films. Hmm, after a bit of consideration, I do think I would dump my boyfriend without a second thought if he didn't like the LOTR trilogy. But that's just me.
LOL! That's funny. Is there a guy on earth who doesn't either like the book and/or the LOTR films? I don't think you'll ever face that dilema.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Watch Surface.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Looks great! Aaaaaaand conveniently on Netflix Instant! Adding now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
The first 2 episodes are awsome. Then it slowly goes downhill from there and in the end the show got cancelled, which really sucks.
Yes, I really liked Surface. It was a shame it got cancelled. It leaves it hanging. I was also digging the TV series Invasion at the time. That was good too. It sucked that got cancelled. That left things hanging too.

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-29-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:37 PM
Banned

Argento's Dracula

I have heard bad things about this movie

now I could warn you about the terrible acting....lack of atmosphere...most boring count D ever...laughable dialogue...horrible CGI

Yes...I could tell you all these things..or...I could show you a picture

Old 01-29-2014, 10:14 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Argento's Dracula

now I could warn you about the terrible acting....lack of atmosphere...most boring count D ever...laughable dialogue...horrible CGI

Is that Count Dracula? Sold!
Old 01-29-2014, 10:33 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Argento's Dracula

Is that a praying mantis? How would that have anything to do with dracula?

Old 01-29-2014, 11:31 PM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Argento's Dracula

Was Claudio's score good at least?
Old 01-30-2014, 12:45 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Burial of the Rats (1995)

This is either the best film ever or the worst - it is closely based on the Bram Stoker story about a group of furry bikini man hating women who raid the local country side to...well to raid. Young author, Bram Stoker gets caught up in their feminist antics and in love with one of the buxon blonde amazons. More stuff happens and the ratqueen, Adrienne Barbeau cuts the head of a rat with a mini guillotine. Good stuff.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:26 AM
Evil Dead

Dead.tv (2014)

This movie was about a person, who wants to re-boot an old horror series, in the movie world but added the big brother element to the re-boots.

When he was casting, he finds the most messed up kids, from druggy to a killers, all into one movie, as soon they all come together.

Actually, it take a while for the killing to start and when the killing dose start they are far to apart at times.

However I found some of kills really cool, some decent kills that I really liked, one made me look away.

also there were few twist and turns in this movie, first twist okay but it just silly by the end of it.

The acting was decent for slasher movie.

5 out of 10 I didn't hate it but i didn't love either!

The Black Water Vampire (2014)

Here go again, with another Found Footage movie.

First hour is was just re-make of THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT , instead word Witch was Vampire.

The set up of movie was same as ^.

How they interview the people about Witch in TBWP, the same thing happens here, then they Vampire makes marks in the wood, just like the Witch made those signs in the wood.

And did something mark there tent, yes, a bit like the rock signs out of the tent in TBWP and if that was not bad enough , the first hour of the movie, was very, very, very, very boring.

However unlike THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT , they do show creature and the last 20 mins were things start happen. ( I was so bored by then, I could less what happens, I just wanted the movie to end.)

When finally get to see the Vampire looked more like creature then anything, I didn't find it scary at all, I actually find it funny looking and every time appeared out of the blue , I laughed .

There was small sub plot near the end of the movie, were one the campers were taken by it and lead to very strange but funny ending.

I don't know if ending was meant to creepy but I found the scene odd but very funny at the same time.

3 out of 10 if wasn't for last 15 mins, I would have gave it a zero!

American Weapon (2014)
This also know as Blood Shed not to be confused with the upcoming movie Blood shed (2014)

Blood Shed is the story of six beautiful travelers who head to the mountains for a getaway weekend, only to be terrorized by a homicidal war veteran, who has been programmed to kill without remorse.

It was another slasher movie, I was in slasher mood and I just could not really get into this movie at all.

I found everyone to be really annoying, the killing dose not take long to start , first part of the movie pace was okay but the last half of the movie just dragged on.

The kills was kinda of dull and boring, nothing new here, that we not seen 100 times before and done better.

I found the killer to be so stupid in some scenes, ( a Girl goes into a car, he break into the car, then girl goes out the other door and then the killer, instead of going around car to get her, He goes into the car, to get out car.

The acting was okay-ish, not bad acting but they so annyoing, you wish they died and the ending, well fit with rest of movie as the movie was just bland.

3 out of 10

Tags
movie