Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Banned

where's poonuts been?
Old 09-11-2013, 08:04 PM
ventricle

For our Random Thoughts thread...

Happy US is not going to shoot a bunch of million dollar cruise missiles at Syria. At least not now, with the Russian sponsored deal where Syrian government will hand over their chemical weapons to 3rd party/UN.

I think international community should take a stand against killing civilians, and chemical weapon attacks in a city is particularly inaccurate. Just have to figure, as advanced as missile strikes can be, things go wrong in the real world. Not sure if US was planning on hitting chemical weapon storage spots, but that leaking out doesn't sound wise. Not to mention anything mechanical can go haywire and hit civilians. Plus who used the weapons, by who's orders, I read, it's not 100% determined. And a missile strike doesn't necessarily accomplish the goal of ridding the exists of the weapons, nor their use by either side, nor the safety of civilians, nor the conclusion of hostilities with a peace settlement.

I think the international community (& US) should be assisting in a settlement where all citizens share power, and assisting organizations and nations that are absorbing/assisting the refugees.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Horror Fan

Old 09-14-2013, 05:59 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Or the room has a very high, or very low, air pressure, depending on which way the door swings.

Old 09-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Horror Fan

Cool

Old 09-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Evil is Better

That gif is probably better then the whole movie

Old 09-16-2013, 02:55 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
That gif is probably better then the whole movie
Ya think Texas Chainsaw Massacre just can't be duplicated today? Or is it the remakes just don't get what the original was about?

Old 09-16-2013, 05:28 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Ya think Texas Chainsaw Massacre just can't be duplicated today? Or is it the remakes just don't get what the original was about?
Well technically it's not a remake. It's supposed to be a sequel following after the first one but honestly not Texas Chainsaw Massacre cannot be duplicated. What helped make it so great was the time period that it was made during.

The way it was shot and the lack of effects and the grittiness due to the kind of camera work back then really added to the movie. It was a dark and gritty movie itself, so having this high definition crystal clear picture doesn't really work for Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Also they keep doing shit storylines. A friend told me what happens in that movie. I don't think they could've done a dumber story.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:04 AM
ventricle

Ya, I think you're right about the time period The Texas Chain Saw Massacre was made as being important. When it came out, there was buzz about it being a true story. And the opening text (basically) says that it is. I think Hooper starts with a documentary feel, and then seamlessly moves into a POV and then multiple POV, so-to-speak. It's very 'this is what happened' and 'you were there' without the announcer. I think that was what it nailed.

I know some folks liked the sequel (TCSM2 86). I hated it. It was a completely different mindset. The murdering family became the stars and anti-heros. And it featured tongue-in-cheek humor (meant to really be funny). Those two things are alien to the original.

I don't know what Hooper was thinking. Have to read about it sometime. Maybe he thought a sequel in the same vein was ridiculous, so it was mocking the audience; who knows.

The only horror sequel, that I can think of, that followed the same mindset as the original was Halloween 2. Was done by a different director, and considered a flop. Capturing the subtly of Carpenter was mostly unsuccessful.

Last edited by Sculpt; 09-17-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Evil is Better

Yeah I hated TCM 2 as well. The only other edition I've liked is The Beginning. Sequels are tricky when the original is so iconic. Although I'd say Friday The 13th Part 2 is a good follow up.

BTW not to nitpick but its Hooper, not Hopper