Old 08-24-2015, 01:17 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Fun movie!

The Song of the New Wine is a highlight for me.
Right!

Not so much for Larry XD

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 08-24-2015, 02:36 PM
Horror > Everything

Ha! Quite true. I guess if I was a creature of the night who is tortured by my near immortality, that " death is long " line might bug me too!
Old 08-24-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Ha! Quite true. I guess if I was a creature of the night who is tortured by my near immortality, that " death is long " line might bug me too!
That's something about the movie that bothered me. As much as I don't encourage suicide, I don't see how it should be so hard to die. He never even tried. Fire or decapitation usually do the trick.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.

Last edited by Roiffalo; 08-24-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:06 PM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
That's something about the movie that bothered me. As much as I don't encourage suicide, I don't see how it should be so hard to die. He never even tried. Fire or decapitation usually do the trick.
Interesting point, Roi. Perhaps setting oneself ablaze or beheading oneself is not as easy as you assume. I mean, I know I couldn't do those things to myself. Maybe if he could have slit a wrist or hung himself it would have been something he would have considered. I'm not saying those options are easy but they do seem more feasible than fire or self-decapitation. Or, could it be that that the film was made in the 1940's and the "sin" factor is what prevents Larry from taking his own life?
Old 08-25-2015, 10:50 AM

-

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken

Classic horror comedy I grew up with staring Don Knotts. I recommend giving it a watch.

-

Quote:
Or, could it be that that the film was made in the 1940's and the "sin" factor is what prevents Larry from taking his own life?
Most likely that. But if he cared about humanity at all wouldn't trying to properly end his life be for the greater good? Or at the very least lock himself up on full moon nights!! Honestly, Larry, get a fucking almanac!

Old 08-25-2015, 03:04 PM
Evil Dead

"House Of Dracula" (1945)
-John Carradine, Lon Chaney Jr, Glen Strange

Plot: IMDB
Dracula arrives at Dr. Edelman's office asking for a cure to his vampirism. However, this is a ruse by Dracula to get near Dr. Edelman's beautiful female assistant and turn her into a vampire. Meanwhile, a sincere Lawrence Talbot, AKA the Wolfman, arrives seeking a cure for his lycanthropy. When Dr. Edelman's first attempt fails, Talbot tries to commit suicide by jumping off a cliff, but instead finds a network of underground caves where Frankensteins Monster is in stasis. Chaos ensues as the three monsters fight for dominance of each other.

Phantom's Review: The second of Universal's Monster Mash Up's. Entertaining and atmospheric, filled with all the great monster movie cliches, angry villagers with torches, mad scientists in their laboratory, Dracula seducing a beautiful woman and the Wolfman acting tortured and cursed
This film has it all. Total enjoyment for classic monster fans
Old 08-25-2015, 04:13 PM
Horror > Everything

Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Terror, with Vincent Price, Peter Lorre and Basil Rathbone.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:35 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomstranger View Post
"House Of Dracula" (1945)
-John Carradine, Lon Chaney Jr, Glen Strange

Plot: IMDB
Dracula arrives at Dr. Edelman's office asking for a cure to his vampirism. However, this is a ruse by Dracula to get near Dr. Edelman's beautiful female assistant and turn her into a vampire. Meanwhile, a sincere Lawrence Talbot, AKA the Wolfman, arrives seeking a cure for his lycanthropy. When Dr. Edelman's first attempt fails, Talbot tries to commit suicide by jumping off a cliff, but instead finds a network of underground caves where Frankensteins Monster is in stasis. Chaos ensues as the three monsters fight for dominance of each other.

Phantom's Review: The second of Universal's Monster Mash Up's. Entertaining and atmospheric, filled with all the great monster movie cliches, angry villagers with torches, mad scientists in their laboratory, Dracula seducing a beautiful woman and the Wolfman acting tortured and cursed
This film has it all. Total enjoyment for classic monster fans
I quite agree about this one...silly, but so much fun.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Horror > Everything

Celebrating what would be Morris Ankrum's birthday today! Born on this day in 1896, Ankrum was in about a million television shows and did a ton of movies a well. I know and love him from the countless old 1950's black and white sci fi flicks he had roles in. Some of them, like The Giant Claw, Earth VS Flying Saucers and Giant From the Unknown are among my favorites from that era.

Gone but not forgotten, Morris! Happy birthday and rest in peace.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Morris_Ankrum.jpg (24.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 08-29-2015, 10:45 AM
Horror > Everything

The Giant Mantis