Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-21-2015, 08:16 PM
Evil Dead

Inside Out (2015)

After a slightly disappointing run for Pixar in the last few years with movies like Monsters University and Cars 2, the power house of animation gives us their most thematically complex film since Wall-E. In Inside Out , the life of an eleven-year old girl named Riley is shown to be controlled by five voices inside her head: Joy, Sadness, Disgust, Fear, and Anger. They control her emotions and affect her memories, but Riley's life is thrown out of control when she moves to San Francisco. Her core memories, the most important ones, are thrown out of the control center as well as Joy and Sadness, so they have to journey back to put Riley's life back on track. The plot itself doesn't contain any big twists or even a villain. It's a seemingly simple tale with huge ambition. Showing what's going on in someone's head is a difficult feat, but Pixar achieves this in such a creative and original way. The ideas presented in Inside Out might fly over younger kids' heads, as there are some rather complex themes here: you can't be happy without experiencing sadness or anger or disgust or fear. They are natural parts of life. The film even deals with depression, identity, and self-worth. Inside Out is undeniably the most enjoyable, hilarious, and entertaining film that incorporates such heavy themes. It's certainly not a movie you will ever forget.

10/10
Old 06-21-2015, 10:14 PM
Evil Sweat

Balls Out aka Intramural (2014)
Average comedy about a group of misfits and college football.
I think it had a lot of potential but there was just something missing.

Wrong Turn (2003)
First time I saw this was around the time it was released.
I liked it a little more than my first viewing but it's still quite average.

Wrong Turn 2: Dead End (2007)
Better and more entertaining than the first one.
Plenty of blood and gore, some sweet kills, Henry Rollins going Rambo and little bit of humour and nudity.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:58 AM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Wolfcop

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!

Last edited by Roiffalo; 06-22-2015 at 02:00 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:57 AM
Little Boo

Kingsman: The Secret Service
Colin Firth's performance as an action man is nothing short of a revelation. When the impeccably-suited Harry first meets Eggsy while the latter is a young boy, he gives him a medal bearing an engraved telephone number, for whenever Eggsy is in dire circumstances.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:54 PM
Evil Dead

Poltergeist 2015

Weak. It is a remake. Its not its own entity. Too many things taken from the original. And what the original did well, this did not. Besides they very rad iconic line "They're heeeerrrrrrrreee." the original wasn't very cliche. The family reacted as a family would. The weariness was there. Things didn't happen too fast as it did in this remake. Plus this remake had points in it where somebody with major control said "ok we need a laugh...here." and "we need this line showing the parents' bond referenced here." etc. Lastly the original had this great sense of awe and wonder that this film completely lacked.
3/10.
A minor gripe...why use an awful cover of a song? Why not use the great original?

Old 06-22-2015, 06:40 PM

DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE 2003

This is the one starring John Hannah and it may have even been made for T.V. But either way, I certainly enjoyed it. Oddly enough you couldn't really distinguish between Jekyll and Hyde save for a huskier voice and black-ish pupils but it worked.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:45 PM
病気の

German Angst, 2015. 8/10

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Amazing! I ranked in order how I liked each segment;

The Final Girl first, of course..jorg I just love his filmmaking.

Alraune, sexy, hot..fuck I love the look of Keira.

Make a Wish, brutal as fuck but soon forgotten.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:37 AM
Evil Dead

NOTES ON A SCANDAL (2006) Judi Dench, Cate Blanchett and Bill Nighy are all good in a somewhat formulaic soap opera, but still worth seeing. ***
Old 06-23-2015, 07:28 AM
Evil Dead

Jurassic World (2015)

Finally, we get a Jurassic Park sequel that isn't completely idiotic and mind-numbingly boring. Jurassic World ignores the events of The Lost World and Jurassic Part III and introduces a new theme park 22 years after the first park closed where dinosaurs roam free, although it's more similar to something similar to Disney World than the original park. In order to spike attendance again, the park has created a new, bigger and scarier hybrid dinosaur, the Idominus rex, but the big guy escapes his enclosure, and it becomes a hunt for the dino before it makes its way to the resort. Jurassic World does take its time until the action really begins. The first act is completely dedicated to showing the park in its normal operational design, and while it is slow, it does try to capture the sense of wonder that the original Jurassic Park had. The dinosaurs in Jurassic World do look fantastic. It's great to just be able to marvel at them for the first 30 minutes. But this is a Jurassic Park movie; we want to see some dinosaur action. Luckily, the movie knows that point when to crank up the action, and it's actually quite jarring. It goes zero to a hundred really quickly. One moment I was watching the dinosaurs, a bit bored by this point, and the next I'm bracing my seat because of the sheer intensity of the film. Jurassic World is a seriously violent and visceral film. It's probably one of the most violent PG-13 movies I've seen since The Dark Knight, but the violence is about on par with the other three films, so you should know what to expect. The slow opening act makes the rest of the movie extremely effective and thrilling, and while Jurassic World didn't have anything as terrifying as the kitchen scene in the original film, there are plenty of scenes that will melt your face off. If you have the chance, go see it in IMAX 3D. It's definitely a movie you need to be completely immersed in to get the full effect. If you're a fan of the original Jurassic Park or you like newer monster movies like Cloverfield and Godzilla, Jurassic World is the movie to see this summer.

7/10
Old 06-23-2015, 07:56 AM
Evil Sweat

Wrong Turn 3: Left For Dead (2009)
Some fun kills but overal very average.
And they casted Tamer Hassan, an Enlgish actor of Turkish Cypriot descent,
for the role of a Latino American. He's a good actor but he was a terrible choice for the part.

You're Next (2011)
Meh... Just not my kind of movie.
One sweet kill though.

Tags
movie