Old 08-19-2017, 11:32 AM
Evil Dead

Smile Movies worth collecting/buying?

I'm starting a collection and asking an opinion on what horror movies that are worth purchasing. As of right now I'm collecting 70s and 80s horror. Respond to this thread and give me suggestions. Thank you!
Old 08-19-2017, 02:09 PM
This is a test

I would probably recommend getting the first of all the series like Hellraiser, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Friday the 13th, Fright Night and The Lost Boys, just to name a few.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:18 PM
病気の

Bad Ronald

The Exorcist

Suspiria

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Black Christmas

The Last House on the Left

Bay Of Blood

Willard
Old 08-19-2017, 06:33 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

I played this game when I first started getting into things. Actors, genres, etc. But then you realize that a lot of the movies you buy just because they relate to that one thing aren't really what you expect or as good to you as others build them up to be.

My opinion, check them out online first. If you like it, buy it. I had Netflix for a while and I got the chance to try a lot of movies and the ones I liked (for example: Frankenstein's Army) I bought. It ended up saving me a lot of space that I really don't have because there were a lot of movies I had the chance to watch before buying that ended up being complete duds.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 08-19-2017, 08:34 PM
Immortal horror fan

The movies worth purchasing are the ones you enjoy. Not the ones on lists just to be a "collector." I don't even own complete collections of series like Friday the 13th as much as I like it as I'll never rewatch some of those movies.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:31 PM
病気の

The Changeling

Motel Hell

The Burning

Pumpkinhead

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Maniac {1980}

The Fun House
Old 08-20-2017, 04:56 PM
Evil Dead

Smile

Thank you for suggestions. I looked up movies that I remember watching as a kid and there's others I'm looking into. A few that were mentioned I've watched but don't own yet. One that I want to buy is Wes Cravens horror movies. I only own Nightmare On elm street collection as of right now. The one I'm looking to buy is Videodrome. Think it's neat that it came out the year I was born.

Last edited by NightOfTheLiving_Sam; 08-20-2017 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOfTheLiving_Sam View Post
One that I want to buy is Wes Cravens horror movies. I only own Nightmare On elm street collection as of right now.
Hopefully that includes 'New Nightmare'. A surprisingly enjoyable film. I own it and a few other Craven movies.
- Shocker, not a bad flick, but not very special either.
- Hills Have Eyes is my favorite Craven movie. Don't bother with the remake, original all the way! I did see a sequel some time ago, don't remember a lot about it, but I didn't hate it.
- Cursed (of course), I like it, although I know a lot of people don't care for it. The story behind it is disappointing because the effects were originally a lot better and Rick Baker actually worked on it, but the footage was lost and they didn't have the time/money to reshoot it, so they had to use a lot of CGI for the werewolf. It's a real shame.
- Scream's a classic. I like the sequels too, but they drop in quality and excitement as they go on as they're mostly repeating the formula from the first movie...

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:32 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
- Scream's a classic. I like the sequels too, but they drop in quality and excitement as they go on as they're mostly repeating the formula from the first movie...
Yeah only the first and last Scream movies for me. I don't need to see the other ones again.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:47 PM

I don't even remember the fourth movie that well. If anything, it's worth watching for the most epic line in a remake of all time: