Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-19-2009, 04:14 PM
She's under the stairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante'sInferno View Post
I'm not the one who is going to do it. My Grandma is. She doesn't want her to suffer she said.

O.K,

When I left home I left my dog at my mums, and I was living 14 hours drive away, my dog got Diabetes, my mum got her put down without even telling me. She wasn't able to look after her herself, but if I had of known I would have found her a new home, she was only 7. It must be hard not being your decision, I understand completley. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 02-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Tonight's the nght.

I'm sorry, that sucks man. :( I understand that too, and it is hard. And it sucks, me not being involved too, because I love that dog so much. :/
Old 02-19-2009, 06:17 PM
whatever gets you through

i feel for you man - i've lost a few dogs over the years and it is never easy. just know they love you and you are doing the right thing
Old 02-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
I'm not the one who is going to do it. My Grandma is. She doesn't want her to suffer she said.
Well.... I'd tell your Gma to suck it up. I'd want to live if I had it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 02-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
Well.... I'd tell your Gma to suck it up. I'd want to live if I had it.
Grandma shouldn't have to suck up anything. If the dog is suffering, it shouldn't be kept alive, that would be incredibley heartless and selfish.
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell
Old 02-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Update: I'm going to talk to my Grandma about this and see if I can't talk her out of it. I mean, she isn't THAT bad. But, she is forgetting things and getting confused. But, I know. I'll update you all, when she tells me what she's going to do. So, hopefully now, she won't be put to rest yet.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Jaded

Hey Buddy! Sorry, been so busy at work I haven't had the energy to be here.

I am so sorry you are going through this, but I have to say, after talking to you and knowing a few more details, I think you need to have a talk with Grandma.

Yah, technically she's her dog, but she's also a part of the family. I always say, if the dog (cat or any other pet) is still enjoying life, keep it alive, love it and be a comfort. You may not be able to change your Grandma's mind, but I think if you try, at least you'll know in your heart that you did try. And just cuz she may be getting forgetful, doesn't mean she has Alzheimers. Unless a vet has actually diagnosed that, don't let anyone jump to that conclusion.

You'll know the right thing to do when you look in her eyes. If she's not there anymore or looks like she's in misery, then it's time. If not, have a talk with Grandma. You know if you ever need my help, I'm just a phone call away. It's gotta be hard for Grandma too, so she can feel free to call me too.

Take care man.

"There is no fuckin' ice cream in your fuckin' future." -Otis
"Once in a while ya get shown the light, in the strangest of places if ya look at it right." -RH&JG
"Do your best, fuck the rest." -Me
"Onward, through the fog..." -Me
Old 02-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Jaded

Quote:
Update: I'm going to talk to my Grandma about this and see if I can't talk her out of it. I mean, she isn't THAT bad. But, she is forgetting things and getting confused. But, I know. I'll update you all, when she tells me what she's going to do. So, hopefully now, she won't be put to rest yet.
Sorry, I was busy typing when you posted this. I'm so glad you're gonna talk to Grandma. I mean it, if either of you want to talk, you know my number.

"There is no fuckin' ice cream in your fuckin' future." -Otis
"Once in a while ya get shown the light, in the strangest of places if ya look at it right." -RH&JG
"Do your best, fuck the rest." -Me
"Onward, through the fog..." -Me
Old 02-19-2009, 07:01 PM
Tonight's the nght.

I agree, I am. I believe if I talk to her about it, chances are she will consider it. A Doctor has diagnosed her with it though. But, she isn't forgetting THAT much now. So, hopefully, she'll live longer. YAY! I'm sorry though, that it sounded so concrete, my Grandma wanted to do it, but I'm going to talk to her about it. I'm wishing for the best!
Old 02-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monalisa View Post
Sorry, I was busy typing when you posted this. I'm so glad you're gonna talk to Grandma. I mean it, if either of you want to talk, you know my number.
I know. Thanks alot. :)