Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 10-25-2003, 06:38 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
28 Days Later alternate endings...

Spoilers

I just watched the alternate endings on the 28 Days Later DVD. I was sorely unimpressed. The ending that they put back in theaters wasn't that big of a deal to me. If I had paid money to go back to the theaters to watch that, I'd be one pissed off dude. However, the "Radical" ending was neat to see (if only in storyboards). It took the film in a completely different direction. But still not nearly as great as the military segment of the film. That was the best and most horrific part of the movie to me. I liked that movie so much b/c of the nature of man that is shown at the end in the military complex.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:04 AM
Evil Dead

I would have to say I wasted the 3 bucks to rent this movie. I have mentioned in another post about the alternate endings and like avenger I was unimpressed as well, I had heard a lot of great reviews about this movie and sure enough I was let down big time. Although they were some great killing scenes.

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 10-25-2003, 09:15 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Did anyone see the deleted scene "the infected in the house?" Why did they cut that out? I really enjoyed that stuff and it gave the appearance of way more of the infected running around the house.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:19 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
the whole 28 days later movie scared me cuz ther movie sux so bad
Old 10-25-2003, 10:27 AM
Cryptkeeper

How is it that a movie can have such critical success, and yet horror fans are not pleased? I for one loved this movie. I'd like to hear some solid reasons why you liked or disliked the film. Not b/c it sucked.

I dug it mainly b/c it had solid characters, characters I cared about in a horrific situation. It reminded me so much of Dawn/Day of the Dead that I could not not like it. Plus, it had a "real life" feel to it. I believe this situation is possible. And that scares me. And the digital filmmaking adds to this sense of realism.
Old 10-25-2003, 12:43 PM
Evil Dead

28 DAYS LATER

Loved it. I couldn't wait to buy it, and you better believe I hit Best Buy after work that day to pick up the DVD. Damn good stuff . . . .

Is it the most original movie in the world? No, certainly not. Is it perfect? No, it has its flaws (frankly I think the second half -- when the military enters the story -- doesn't quite live up to the haunting tone set by the first half). But I still think it's a great little horror movie. Something for other modern horror films to aspire to, definitely. I'd love to see Danny Boyle work in this genre again . . . .

Count me in as a 28 DAYS LATER fan, no doubt about it.

James N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html
Old 10-25-2003, 02:09 PM
Evil Dead

SPOILERS dont read if you havent seen it.

The reason I was dissapointed by this movie is because it bored me. I did like the digital effects but the whole concept didnt make sense to me. It started out about a blood disease that took over the world and had spread very fast. They didnt really get in too depth about the disease which to me it would have been great if they had. It was slow in parts and it was not made up in any gore/fights/action.. I had heard such great reviews on it but I was sadly unimpressed. In a few scenes it reminded me of Day of the Dead but that was the only thing. so that is my opinion

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 03:17 AM
Hellraiser

When i first heard about this film i was very excited about it... but when i saw it in the theater, i was unimpressed... i expected something different.
i saw it on DVD a few months ago and i was able to understand it a bit more. If i remember correctly... NOTLD, Dawn/Day of the Dead gave very little, if any explanation as to why people were coming back to life and killing people... it just happened. It made for a bit of confusion and mystery in the films which i think added to their appeal.
28 Days Later does the same thing... to a point. The special features on the DVD have a segment on the reality of deadly viruses and how it is splattered into our faces with this movie.
Anyhow, i just finished watching it again and i can safely say that i do like the movie. it has that apocolyptic feel - the scenes of a deserted London are quite chilling, considering what a bustling city it normally is, there's little decay but you can see the signs of devastation all over.
Aside from that i like how Danny Boyle manages to throw some full-frontal male nudity into his films :D LOL
Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrasment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life.
But why would I want to do a thing like that?
Old 10-26-2003, 06:59 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by vera-icon
When i first heard about this film i was very excited about it... but when i saw it in the theater, i was unimpressed... i expected something different.
i saw it on DVD a few months ago and i was able to understand it a bit more. If i remember correctly... NOTLD, Dawn/Day of the Dead gave very little, if any explanation as to why people were coming back to life and killing people... it just happened. It made for a bit of confusion and mystery in the films which i think added to their appeal.
I have a question and a comment for you vera-icon. How did you see 28 days later months ago when it was only released last tuesday on DVD..?? and I have a comment about how the zombie virus broke out in the NOTLD series. They did explain it, it was the military`s doings. they were trying to make the ultimate soldier by brining back dead people. and the gas/chemical they used had broken out of the cannisters and it had spread that way..

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 07:10 AM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by Ritualistic
I have a question and a comment for you vera-icon. How did you see 28 days later months ago when it was only released last tuesday on DVD..?? and I have a comment about how the zombie virus broke out in the NOTLD series. They did explain it, it was the military`s doings. they were trying to make the ultimate soldier by brining back dead people. and the gas/chemical they used had broken out of the cannisters and it had spread that way..
I have to say something here, I saw the DVD WAY back in early August at a horror con. It's also been out in England for a while now. As far as the cannister stuff, isn't that in Return of the Living Dead?