Old 06-03-2006, 05:32 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
Hahahahaha...

A bunch of my friends invited me to go see The Break Up tonight. Looks awful, but hey...it's better than sitting at home being a loner.

I cant believe Im going to a chick flick without a date though...
Turns out it was sold-out by the way we got there, so we went to this instead:

Over the Hedge

Call me childish, call me immature, do as you wish, but I really enjoyed this movie. It's cute, it's funny, it's just plain enjoyable all around.

The plot is nothing new really, basically just a dummed down gangster type plot. A raccoon named RJ (voiced by Bruce Willis) is caught trying to steal food from a bear (Nick Nolte), and is given a week to replace it or else the bear will eat him. He comes across a family of woodland creatures, and tricks them into helping him. Needless to say, the obligatory guilt trip soon follows as they welcome him as one of their own. It's nothing we haven't seen before, but kept my interest and had some pretty fun plot devices, mostly near the end. The only thing that could have been better about the plot was that it wasn't very fleshed out, everything seemed to happen all at once.

The actors were all a lot of fun, and the voice work was great. William Shartner does a great job making fun of himself, playing a completely over the top possum. Willis also did a very good job as the raccoon, as did Garry Shandling as Verne the turtle. But, as the previews would lead you to believe, it's Steve Carell that really steals the show. His manic, insane, hyper-active squirrel, Hammy, was easily my favourite character. Sure, some of his jokes might have been a tad immature (Wanna help me find my nuts?), but I still found myself laughing at every perfectly delivered line he said.

I don't know what else to say other than that this movie is a lot of fun. Well animated, great voice work, fun characters and a half-decent plot...what more could you want?

8/10

Last edited by The_Return; 06-03-2006 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

Last seen movie

When a stran ger calls(2006)I hated it it almost ruined the original.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:46 PM
I'M 37!!!

X-Men: The Last Stand- 3/5

Bee Season- 4/5

Get Rich or Die Tryin'- 4.5/5

Date Movie- 2.5/5

Freedomland- 1/5

The Perfect Man- 1/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
It's not rape if you shout suprise!
Old 06-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Evil Dead

Pirates of the Caribbean;
What an over-rated pile of trash. Maybe it's because I had such high hopes for it, but once again - the hype let's me down. This film, if you can even call it that, was so utterly bad that I may have to slaughter the next person who says otherwise - and the producers for the next two films. Jesus, and the acting? Johnny Depp can't even deliver a line right! He made the pirate Jack sound like a fucking old hag. Kiera Knightly is too much of a slut to carry of Elizabeth's character, too. Fuck what a waste of time.

Ok, I'm kidding. I really liked it. :) This and National Treasure are my two most recent Disney favourites. Aside from the Pixar collabs, that is. Jack was a cool character, and I think it was one of Johnny's best acting experiences. He seemed like a totally different character. Likewise, Kiera was amazing as usual. She has such a wide range! Orlando also has a good character. Mmm, what a cast! The set pieces were stunning, and overall so was everything else. One gripe - the CGI skeletons looked too cartoony in some scenes, which wasn't the intended effect. The fight in-and-out of the moonlight was original and refreshing though, as were the various rules and regulations of the pirate world and the mechanics of the curse and other various things. Finally, a pirate movie done right! Can't wait to see what they do with the next two parts. :) Reccomended!

-

PS. Speaking of National Treasure - Nicholas Cage has a new movie coming out called Blade Runner. Do me a favour and do not see it at any cost. Supporting this is just an overall bad idea. The fact Nicholas Cage is in it AT ALL shocked me when I first heard of it. Watch the trailer and you'll understand. It's probably the worst comic book adapation to come out in a while (Catwoman doesn't count - people thought it was bad, but personally I really loved it.) I guess the fact the character is CGI throughout most of the film - and crude CGi at that - is partially why Cage toom the job. He's only ACTUALLY in it 50% of the time, haha. Oh, poor Hollywood and whoever decided to fund this movie. It's going to flop.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Star Wars 3 on HBO..
Old 06-03-2006, 08:10 PM
That fucking Guy...

Gremlins...eh, it seems a little pathetic with age, but it's still fun.
Always liked the musical score, and it's a litte darker than most kids films...I relatively enjoyed it.

Might watch the second one tonight, I dunno...
Old 06-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Gizmo!
Old 06-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Living Dead

Quote:
originally posted by The_Return
The plot was pretty contrived, but what can you expect from a video game movie? It wasn't anything spectacular or overly original, but it kept my interest. However the massive plot hole that they call an ending really bugs me. Sure, it leaves it open for the sequel, but it just doesn't make sense!
The sequal sucked bad!

Darkwolf
It has some bad CGI but the roof top photo shoot makes up for it.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Misanthrope

I can't stand bad CGI it ruins movies totally for me. My brain just goes "Fuck this" and I lose interest in the movie. Dead Scared and Day Of The Dead 2 did that to me recently.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:15 AM
The Dork Knight

A History of Violence