Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-11-2003, 04:59 AM
Evil Dead

!!Argento/Suspiria/Inferno news!!

You may know that Suspiria and Inferno were supposed to be two parts of a trilogy, about the three witches who rule the world. The third film was stopped in the scripting stage when Argento and Daria Niccolodi (who wrote Suspiria and Inferno with Argento) split up.

Good news! Argento is working on the third film.

Incidentally the three mothers idea is based vaguely on a weird text by Thomas DeQuincey called Confessions of an English Opium Eater. It used to be online but I haven't been able to find it.

from http://www.darkdreams.org/trieste_report.html:

That’s when Dario told me the big news every Argento fan has been waiting for. “I’m working on the script for La Terza Madre/The Third Mother now. We will start shooting in August 2004 and a major Hollywood studio may possibly get involved. It’s about mysticism, alchemy, terrorism and Gnosticism (a religious movement characterized by a belief in intuitive spiritual knowledge, regarded as a heresy by the Christian church). So many heretics were tortured because of the Church and I’m living all that at the moment and sleeping with difficulty."

"It will be set in Rome where we will first see the Mother of Tears/Mater Lachrymorum in medieval times. Because she is the most beautiful and cruel of the three mothers, I’m currently looking at Russian models to play that part. Ana Pieroni (who played the cat-stroking mother in Inferno) will not be reappearing as she now has five kids! It’s been over 20 years since I left the Three Mothers behind and it’s good to go back and explore the story from a retrospective perspective. I’m discovering more about witchcraft than ever before”.
Old 12-11-2003, 05:34 AM
The Dork Knight

I REALLY DON'T KNOW TO MUCH ABOUT ARGENTO AND I HAVE'NT SEEN SUSPIRIA YET I JUST CAME IN HERE TO SEE IF ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE MORONS WHO SAY ''ARGENTO IS GOD'' HAD POSTED ANYTHING.

Last edited by AUSTIN316426808; 12-12-2003 at 05:49 AM.
Old 12-11-2003, 06:00 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
I REALLY DON'T KNOW TO MUCH ABOUT ARGENTO AND I HAVE'NT SEEN SUSPIRIA YET I JUST CAME IN HERE TO SEE IF ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE MORON WHO SAY ''ARGENTO IS GOD'' HAD POSTED ANYTHING.
Well, I wouldn't want to disappoint you.

Argento is God.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:47 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I'm the anti-Argento horror fan, but will probably still see it.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:51 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by mictlan

Argento is God.
PLEASE TELL ME WHY ARGENTO IS GOD?
Old 12-12-2003, 06:25 AM
Evil Dead

Argento is not god, I was just being a smart ass. Maybe the next time you see a post about a director, film or character you don't like you should ignore it instead of baiting the people who do.

For the record, I don't like most of his films because they are giallos (slasher) and I'm more interested in the supernatural. I do like Suspiria and Inferno a lot. The music is creepy, the lighting and sets are so weird, and the story is intriguing. Check out this link for the backstory, by an opium addict named Thomas DeQuincey. Those two films, for me, make him a great horror director.
Old 12-12-2003, 06:47 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by mictlan
Argento is not god, I was just being a smart ass. Maybe the next time you see a post about a director, film or character you don't like you should ignore it instead of baiting the people who do.

For the record, I don't like most of his films because they are giallos (slasher) and I'm more interested in the supernatural. I do like Suspiria and Inferno a lot. The music is creepy, the lighting and sets are so weird, and the story is intriguing. Check out this link for the backstory, by an opium addict named Thomas DeQuincey. Those two films, for me, make him a great horror director.
I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH WHAT DIRECTORS-PRODUCERS-OR CHARACTORS PEOPLE LIKE BUT THE ''IS GOD'' THING IS JUST A LITTLE TO MUCH.
Old 12-12-2003, 06:53 AM
Evil Dead

I am excited about this news, I loved Suspiria, but I still need to see Inferno.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:57 AM
Call Me Snake

Send a message via AIM to Plissken Send a message via Yahoo to Plissken
Quote:
Originally posted by abbycomix
I am excited about this news, I loved Suspiria, but I still need to see Inferno.
Same here. Cant wait for this new one!
________
AR50

Last edited by Plissken; 01-24-2011 at 10:43 PM.