Old 03-31-2007, 12:39 PM
Evil Dead

"Christine" remake

Landon Talks Christine Remake!

March 31, 2007

Stephen King's hellbent '58 Plymouth Fury, Christine, is back in the shop for some modern retooling, no secret there. However, who are the creative mechanics working under the hood? Word trickled over to us that Disturbia co-writer Christopher Landon may be flirting with the project. In talking with him one-on-one about his latest Dreamworks thriller (he shares screenwriting credit with Carl Ellsworth), Landon was hesitant to delve deep into the subject of a Christine remake, but he did confirm his possible involvement.

"['Christine'] has been all over the place," he says, alluding to the property's travels as a rumored SCI FI Channel Original to Sony and NBC's plans to turn it into an event telepic. "If it happens or not we'll see, but when I came in what I wanted to do was really go back to the book, the source material. I'm a fan of the Carpenter version, it is fun. But the book was much more of a possession story than it was just a killer car. That's what made the book so great is that what was so terrifying was that it wasn't just about an inanimate object running around and killing people, it was a boy who was sorta being taken over by the former owner of the car - and there was something more terrifying about that. Also, I just love the dynamics of the characters and so forth. Right now it's way too soon say anything else about it. We're so in the thick of deal-making, I don't want to blow anything else!"

Fair enough. King's original 1983 novel was turned into a John Carpenter film that same year starring John Stockwell (director of Turistas), Keith Gordon ("Dexter") and Alexandra Paul ("Baywatch"). Not long ago, a remake of the film was announced along with an update of King's Pet Sematary.

Look for more Disturbia coverage as we near its April 13th release and keep an eye out for ComingSoon.net's horror division, ShockTillYouDrop.com, to launch around that ominous date!
Old 04-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
They should make it an action film. Like, 5 teens are stalked by a vicious car on a busy city highway. With lots of fast paced car chases, near misses, etc. Could be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 04-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
They should make it an action film. Like, 5 teens are stalked by a vicious car on a busy city highway. With lots of fast paced car chases, near misses, etc. Could be fun.
I disagree strongly. The original worked (despite a ridiculous plot) because of the parallel between the teen's mental state & the evil influence of the car. The film had great pacing and atmosphere. Let's face it: an evil car that kills, or inspires other's to kill, is pretty dumb. But proper film-making the first time made it sort of a classic.

A car that stalks 5 teens on a freeway Duel style would be utterly stupid (Duel is a good B film by the way).
Old 04-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
I'm just suggesting a spin off. It wouldn't be so much horror, but it could work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 04-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Scares Little Kids

A blood drenched spinoff would be great.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to PhilnEdee
Hate to say it, liked the first one...kinda want to see this one.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:04 PM
HDC Resident Cynic

I'm pretty sure this remake will suckGargantuan Balls.
We'll see. :rolleyes:
Old 04-29-2007, 06:23 PM
Silent but Deadly

well this is retarded. another remake.

i guess i can't say that i think it'll be horrible, cause i've been proved wrong before (i.e. The Hills Have Eyes).

however, the book was the best, even better than the original.
I cannot prepare for that which I cannot foresee; therefore, forgive me should I appear constantly unsettled by your behavior. The only patterns I base my life on are yours, and the routine which I derive from your behavior is only as solid as your adherence to your own behavioral patterns. If I cannot understand you, how can I live for you?

What does a blind, deaf, quadriplegic baby get for Christmas?
*Cancer*

Cure for overpopulation = Bubonic Plague