Old 02-14-2021, 09:43 AM
Evil Dead

I just saw a few more Italian giallo horror films on Tubi TV, Mario Bava's "Blood On Black Lace," Umberto Lenzi's "Knife Of Evil," "Beyond The Darkness," "The Night Evelyn Came Out Of The Grave," and "Strip Nude For Your Killer." They are all very intense, artsy, and gory with plenty of great twists and turns! "Knife Of Evil" and "The Night Evelyn Came Out From The Grave" turned out to have two of the most surprising endings I have seen, which says a LOT!
Old 02-27-2021, 02:06 PM
Evil Dead

Cool

I just saw Mario Bava's "Hatchet For The Honeymoon" for the first time, and that one is an eye opening interesting and intense one. It is about an unhappy married man whose wife will not have a divorce because she wants to keep part of his business and profit. He goes on a spree of killing soon to be happy brides, due to that and a severe mental illness. This one takes us inside the mind of the sick and demented serial killer, which is unique and different from most serial killer films, and it is very artsy and gory with good smooth editing like most of Mario Bava's work. Those who like the psychological thrillers that are dark, artsy, and gory in the old school done right format, along with fans of Mario Bava should not be disappointed with this one.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:41 AM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up

I finally got to see Lucio Fulci's "Aeginma,' which is a comedy horror anti-bullying film, and is very well done with so many awesome looking kill scenes with the spirit of a dying victim of a college prank gone terribly wrong getting back at all those involved with it. This is like taking "Carrie" to a whole new level. There is also a lot of great action, stunt work, props, gore, drama, dialogue, scenery, with great smooth editing and a killer lively soundtrack on the background to provide a great lively mood for each scene as it goes along. This are also plenty of artsy and gory scenes throughout the movie as well, which are overall well done. This is yet another example on why Fulci is considered one of the better of the lower budget horror film makers who can take a low budget horror film, and not only make it look good, but also make it look like it is on a much bigger budget than it actually is. This is also highly recommend for fans of the older school Italian giallo horror films.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:45 AM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up

I also looked back at "The House That Dripped Blood," and it is even more amazing than I remember it. It also has a lot more great humor than I remembered. The ending I won't describe to avoid spoilers for the few who have not already seen it is too hilarious and timeless. This film is just another example of why Amicus is still holding up, still to this day, more than most horror anthology films, including ones from more recent years.
Old 05-24-2021, 07:38 AM
Evil Dead

Cool

I recently saw a few more classic Italian giallo films on Tubi TV from Lucio Fulci that I had not seen before, and it was about time I finally got to see these. One is "Aeigma," about a college prank gone wrong with the victim's ghost back to haunt all of those involved. Another is "Manhattan Baby," about a cursed antique found in an ancient Egyptian tomb, brought back to Manhattan to bring the ghosts of ancient Egyptian pasts into the city of Manhattan. The third one is "Demonia," about an archeology team accidentally digging up the ghosts of another evil past with the demons coming back to haunt everybody. These are all very intense and well done, which is to be expected when from Fulci, who has not disappointed me. Even his lowest rated films turned out to still be worth a look in my opinion.
Old 10-23-2021, 02:31 AM
Shadowyzard

Deathwatch (UK/Germany - 2002): It was bizarre and fun. 8/10
Old 12-02-2021, 04:08 AM
Evil Dead

Cool

It has been a while since I last posted on here. Some of the classic European films I have seen after the last time I posted on here are "Deadly Bees," a feature length film from Amicus about two bee keepers growing their own honey, only one is releasing deadly bees on certain people, with the camera not showing who it is, and it does have a nice twist on making it look like one is doing it, then it turns out to be another. Some more are "The Church," "Deep Blood," "Grim Reaper," "Last Shark," "Count Dracula"(1970), and "Nosferatu"(1979).
Old 02-06-2022, 10:02 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic_horror_fan View Post
I finally got to see Lucio Fulci's "Aeginma,' which is a comedy horror anti-bullying film, and is very well done with so many awesome looking kill scenes with the spirit of a dying victim of a college prank gone terribly wrong getting back at all those involved with it. This is like taking "Carrie" to a whole new level. There is also a lot of great action, stunt work, props, gore, drama, dialogue, scenery, with great smooth editing and a killer lively soundtrack on the background to provide a great lively mood for each scene as it goes along. This are also plenty of artsy and gory scenes throughout the movie as well, which are overall well done. This is yet another example on why Fulci is considered one of the better of the lower budget horror film makers who can take a low budget horror film, and not only make it look good, but also make it look like it is on a much bigger budget than it actually is. This is also highly recommend for fans of the older school Italian giallo horror films.
never seen that one i'll put it on my list
Old 12-12-2022, 03:42 AM
Evil Dead

Cool Cat In The Brain

This is a feature length Italian giallo horror film with Lucio Fulci portraying himself having a breakdown with the boundaries of what he films and directs vs. what is actually real. He begins to imagine things happening when something similar but different is actually happening, and eventually sees a shrink for it, the gets hypnotized, only to have the problem get worse. He then believes to be killing people while under a trance. There are lots of twists and turns in this film, maybe even more than in "The Night Evelyn Came Out Of The Grave." This is also one of Fulci's better and more intense films. Fans of his stuff and the Italian giallo horror sub-genre should not be disappointed with this one.
Old 04-14-2023, 05:49 AM
Evil Dead

The Girl Who Knew Too Much/Evil Eye

The Girl Who Knew Too Much is a black and white classic horror murder mystery from 1964, taking place in the center of Rome, Italy, starring a younger John Saxon and directed by Mario Bava. It is also one of the first of the horror giallo cult classics. It is about a young lady traveling to Italy from America to visit her Aunt who mysteriously passes in her sleep, then she gets robbed when walking to the hospital to report the incident. She then witnesses another lady getting murdered, only to have the corpse vanished without any traces or signs of it ever being there. This is another mystery with a lot of twists and turns, making the killer appear to be one person, then showing it is clearly not that person, and even when the mystery appears to be solved, something else then changes the whole turn of events. There is also a lot of funny humor in this one as well. The Evil Eye is the American cut on the movie, which basically tells the same story, only with some different scenes here and there, and their very endings are different. Those into the Italian giallo horror classics and/or Mario Bava should definitely check this one out.