Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-16-2009, 05:47 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Transporter 3

instantly forgettable brainless fluff. absolutely nothing that hasnt been seen many times berore, done better.
My brain doesn't turn off enough for me to enjoy a film like this .. complete waste of time.

the freckly girl was pretty sexy though.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:01 AM
Bad Natured

Cabin Fever. Clever, funny, and with plenty of bloody gore. Very entertaining.
Ashe.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
The Four Feathers

old British war epic. Quite good example of that sort of thing.
Four Feathers is really great. I haven't seen that in a while, but really epic and realistically gorey.

Watched Young Frankenstein last night. CBC plays a lot of great movies late at night and I forced myself to stay up til 5 when it was over. Really surprised I hadn't seen it before, but it was really really good.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:59 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Undead (2003)

I'd heard bad things bout this so I wasn't really expecting much...turnmed out to be a pleasant surprise. A new concept for a zombie flick - didn't always work, but at least it was vaguely original. The script was pretty hit-and-miss but had some really witty moments. A dumb movie that knows it's dumb and has ALOT of fun with itself.

Overall I really enjoyed it. One complaint - and this goes for all low-budget horror flick - if you don't have the money and/or know-how to make your CGI look decent, DON'T USE ANY. The gore/set-pieces in this one could (for the most part) have been done with practical effects, but they went for really bad CGI instead. Blech.
Haha, I'm glad someone feels the same way I did about this one. I rented it on a whim and found it pretty enjoyable. Like you said, it's a dumb movie that knows it and they just have a blast with it.

The CGI [SPOILER]aliens[/SPOILER] were so so so so bad-looking, but kind of appropriate, I thought.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:17 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacabre View Post
Four Feathers is really great. I haven't seen that in a while, but really epic and realistically gorey.

Watched Young Frankenstein last night. CBC plays a lot of great movies late at night and I forced myself to stay up til 5 when it was over. Really surprised I hadn't seen it before, but it was really really good.
I just saw that recently too. Sedagive?!?!

Old 04-16-2009, 02:39 PM
She's under the stairs

Taken

So next time I go to Paris I can just run around shooting drug dealers and human traders from Albania and get on a plane home with out any trouble, great.

Other than that part not being explained it was a pretty slick action movie.

6.5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 04-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Bad Natured

Altered (2006). Definitely one of the best alien flicks that i have seen in a while. The acting was periodically weak, but no complaints other than that. Ashe.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Foxhole Atheist

Lockjaw: Rise of the Kulev Serpent

A man draws a picture of a snake with a magic pen, snake comes to life and starts hunting down a group of braindead teens. Yes, its as bad as it sounds!

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 04-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Observe and Report

I loved it. It's my favorite movie of the year so far, though nobody else seems to like it as much as I did. Seth Rogen's character was so fucked up and kept me interested. I didn't think it was hilarious (minus Danny McBride and Michael Peña), but I thought Seth's character more than made up for it.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:04 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Haha, I'm glad someone feels the same way I did about this one. I rented it on a whim and found it pretty enjoyable. Like you said, it's a dumb movie that knows it and they just have a blast with it.
It's been sitting on my shelf for AGES...bought it 3 summers ago in the states, and just never bothered to watch it. Glad I finally did though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
The CGI [SPOILER]aliens[/SPOILER] were so so so so bad-looking, but kind of appropriate, I thought.
Now, that part I can forgive - you're right, it fit with the overall ridiculousness of the movie. It's the CGI gore that pissed me off. I mean, they were obviously going for an early Peter Jackson vibe - why not use the REAL red stuff? Shameful and lazy, in my opinion.