Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-13-2010, 02:12 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho d View Post
Cries and Whispers (1972). This brilliant classic that is all about despair and grief, loneliness and hatred, with a little peasant warmth sprinkled in at all the right places. A story of three sisters and a maid, this one threatens to become a chick flick, but thankfully veers in the direction of a study of the human condition. The four characters could not be a better contrast of people, very believable but a polar sorts. The cinematography was incredible; the direction masterful. The acting was sublime; the story itself was simple yet engaging and profoundly moving. Simply another masterpiece from the inimitable Ingmar Bergman.
One of my all-time favorite films, for sure.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

The Wolfman(2010) and The Crazies(2010). Had a day at the movies today and saw both of theses, expensive as fuck, but good watches. Wolfman gets a 7/10 and Crazies gets an 8/10
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
The Green Zone
gripping, exciting, and important.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 03-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Cranky

Shanks

William Castle's last film, starring French iconic mime Marcel Marceau. It took a while to get into it, since everyone in the film is a classicly trained mime artist, and the acting style is pretty stilted, once I accepted it for what it was, I could enjoy it for the oddity it is, particularly when Shanks started killing off people and reviving them as motorized zombies.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 03-14-2010, 12:06 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Descent (2005)

Saw it once before, so pretty much excited for this special 2nd viewing before watching the sequel, and enjoyed it far more than the first time. The characterization, suspense, gore and the ending all that makes it a brilliant watch and a modern day masterpiece undoubtedly.

>>: A

The Descent: Part 2 (2009)

Really bit surprised to see how it's getting so much praise in different reviews & specially at the imdb...6.3/10!?! May be cause of there are always some fans who love the original so much that they can't able to completely hate or dislike a sequel or the series. Even some reviews include the line like "If you’re in the mood for a cheap Friday night scare with plenty of gore, this is the film for you."

But I'd say avoid it. If you have any care or love for Neil Marshall's 2005 film then just skip this one, don't even go for the title.
As there was actually no reason for this film to exist, so here with the sequel, the writers totally failed to justify why they made it. From start to finish they were like on a rage to destroy the overall mood & core of the original film. And last but not the least, the ending...which sucks big time! I'm afraid they may be next time turned it into just another ordinary worthless series like Wrong Turn; or even there is a tiny little possibility that a direct-to-dvd film may come out with a tagline like 'Hilly Billy monsters meet with the Cave Monsters'! (Just kidding,:D)

Anyway, as a safe money-making venture it's natural that there will always be a sequel or remake of a good, successful or acclaimed horror film these days. But being as an 'Executive Producer' I don't get why Mr. Marshall allowed them to do such a crap out of his film?!

Btw, there is one thing that I 'like' in this sequel...great amount of Tomato color Gore all over! Reminded me some bloody slasher films of late 60's & 70's.

>>: C-
Old 03-14-2010, 03:52 AM
Bad Natured

Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn (1987). How does one describe something that is simultaneously brilliant and absurd? Can't be done. This Evil Dead remake, it really is more of a remake, goes completely over the top, taking its willing audience with it. This one has it all: action, gore, and comedy. Bruce Campbell's facial expressions alone are worth the price of admission. The camera-work, with some incredible camera angles, reveal that this is no slouch of a movie. The effects were even splendid for the times. The acting was superbly silly, but it was course Raimi's direction that deserves the accolades. A blast of a flick...
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:23 AM
No, fuck YOU

"Faust" (1994) 4-5/10

Liked the surreal parts, but I quickly, VERY quickly became tired of the string puppets and string puppet theater.

"Creepshow" 5-6/10

Far from great, but entertaining nevertheless.

Last edited by Angra; 03-14-2010 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:58 AM
BH14

The Orphanage

Great film.... 8.5 out of 10.

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114
Old 03-14-2010, 12:18 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Shanks

William Castle's last film, starring French iconic mime Marcel Marceau. It took a while to get into it, since everyone in the film is a classicly trained mime artist, and the acting style is pretty stilted, once I accepted it for what it was, I could enjoy it for the oddity it is, particularly when Shanks started killing off people and reviving them as motorized zombies.
Not familiar with this one, but you've absolutely piqued my interest. Marcel Marceau turning people into zombies? I'm sold.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Sick as Salo

I watched philosophy of the knife, last night for the first time, i thought it should of had a lot more stock footage as opposed to their "artistic" interpretation........not disappointing just annoying. Let the flaming begin.:cool: