Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-02-2016, 07:23 AM
Hellraiser

Has anyone seen C.H.U.D?

Hi, new to the site. Interested in expanding my horror collection. Thinking about getting the movie C.H.U.D 1984. The trailer looks great, very campy/goofy looking. Has anyone here seen it? If so how would you rate it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CHUD_poster.jpg (30.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-02-2016, 07:28 AM
Horror > Everything

I like C.H.U.D

Yep, it's campy and fun, and it's a stellar cast. I don't think it's a great movie but it's entertaining enough that I believe it should be in every Horror fans collection.

If you are a fan of commentary tracks, get the Anchor Bay DVD. The commentary is hilarious and lays out a lot of cool shit about the making of the movie.

Last edited by Repo'd; 11-02-2016 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:11 PM
Wanna Join?

Saw it a long time ago. Unfortunately don't remember anything about it.

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Old 11-02-2016, 08:41 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaddread View Post
Hi, new to the site. Interested in expanding my horror collection. Thinking about getting the movie C.H.U.D 1984. The trailer looks great, very campy/goofy looking. Has anyone here seen it? If so how would you rate it?
I saw it at the theater with my buddy. They weren't supposed to let us young-ins in without parent or guardian...

I remember CHUD as totally serious. It has it's moments... to see once, but not purchase, it's not that good. Rate: 4/10 but that's just from a very old memory...

Last edited by Sculpt; 11-03-2016 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:02 PM
Scares Little Kids

I read that there are two cuts of this film. Usually I prefer Director's Cuts. Does the Director's Cut improve upon the theatrical cut here?
Old 11-03-2016, 03:19 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

The acting is alot better than you'd expect - rewatched it a few weeks ago..Never saw he sequel which i will rectify soon.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:22 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
I like C.H.U.D

Yep, it's campy and fun, and it's a stellar cast. I don't think it's a great movie but it's entertaining enough that I believe it should be in every Horror fans collection.

If you are a fan of commentary tracks, get the Anchor Bay DVD. The commentary is hilarious and lays out a lot of cool shit about the making of the movie.
I'll give it a shot. Anchor Bay DVD's, is that like a Mystery Science Theater commentary track?
Old 11-07-2016, 09:24 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I saw it at the theater with my buddy. They weren't supposed to let us young-ins in without parent or guardian...

I remember CHUD as totally serious. It has it's moments... to see once, but not purchase, it's not that good. Rate: 4/10 but that's just from a very old memory...
I'll try to find it online ans watch it to see if it's worth purchasing.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:29 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaddread View Post
I'll give it a shot. Anchor Bay DVD's, is that like a Mystery Science Theater commentary track?
Nope. It's a cast and crew commentary.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:24 PM
Evil Dead

It's a good match with something like Basket Case, if you want to make a night of it. And look for CHUD 2, Bud the CHUD while you're at it. I wouldn't spend more than about $10 for the pair, though. If you're a VHS fan, nearly every pile of VHS tapes has a copy of CHUD in it somewhere.

Tags
1984, c.h.u.d, chud