Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Continuing October horror watches:

I Drink Your Blood
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
Carnival of Souls
Don't Look in the Basement
How do you people have all this time to watch movies?!?!?!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Continuing October horror watches:

I Drink Your Blood
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
Carnival of Souls
Don't Look in the Basement
Nice....actually "I Drink Your Blood" &" Don't Look In The Basement" would make a great drive-in double feature .
Old 10-23-2011, 08:07 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
How do you people have all this time to watch movies?!?!?!
Haha, I don't really have all this time. I actually watched them as I was doing homework all day. I have to cram movie-watching into the few bits of free time I have throughout the week.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Haha, I don't really have all this time. I actually watched them as I was doing homework all day. I have to cram movie-watching into the few bits of free time I have throughout the week.
I hear that. I've never been as busy as i am now at this stage of my life and i never get to watch movies. Although i did just watch one which i'll be posting about in a minute.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Evil is Better

The Ledge

It's a conflicting and complex movie that really makes you think. It's heavily about religion and faith and paints a religious but judgemental and controlling man as the villain and a good man who also happens to be an atheist as the hero but without condemning either of their beliefs. It establishes both of them as humans who make choices, both good and bad and makes you feel for both of them. Some people might not like it as the story of Gavin (the main character) on the ledge is downplayed until the dramatic conclusion at the end, choosing to focus more on the more emotional romance that led him there. It's really well acted and full of heart and emotion and i recommend watching it.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Evil Dead

"30 Days Of Night: Dark Days" (2010)
-Kiele Sanchez

Plot: IMDB

It has been a year since the isolated Alaskan town of Barrow's population was decimated by vampires during its annual month long sunset. Riddled with grief over the death of her husband Eben, bound by nightmares and void of all emotions beyond hate and sorrow, Stella Oleson has spent the past months traveling the world, trying to convince others that vampires exist. Met with skepticism and laughter, she is ready to throw in the towel when a group of lost souls offers an incredible opportunity: the chance to exact revenge upon Lilith, the vampire queen responsible for the assault on her sleepy Alaskan town. With nothing remaining to live for, and nothing left to fear, Stella joins their mission and ventures into the uncharted underbelly of Los Angeles where she pushes herself to the most extreme limits to stop the evil from striking again.

Phantom's Review: For a straight to DVD sequel, this film was surprisingly good. Co-written by Steve Niles (creator of the original comic book), this film has a gritty, almost documentary style to it. Kiele Sanchez ("The Glades") takes over from Melissa George as Stella and she does a fine job. The villain, the vampire queen Lilith, has an old fashioned look about her and I enjoyed that. Plenty of gore and very little CGI FX. I enjoyed this film quite a lot, far more than I thought I would.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:30 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
I hear that. I've never been as busy as i am now at this stage of my life and i never get to watch movies.
Yeah, man. Same here. I look back on the days when I had all this free time to watch movies and I probably wasted it. Dang me.

Quote:
The Ledge

It's a conflicting and complex movie that really makes you think. It's heavily about religion and faith and paints a religious but judgemental and controlling man as the villain and a good man who also happens to be an atheist as the hero but without condemning either of their beliefs. It establishes both of them as humans who make choices, both good and bad and makes you feel for both of them. Some people might not like it as the story of Gavin (the main character) on the ledge is downplayed until the dramatic conclusion at the end, choosing to focus more on the more emotional romance that led him there. It's really well acted and full of heart and emotion and i recommend watching it.
Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:31 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Nice....actually "I Drink Your Blood" &" Don't Look In The Basement" would make a great drive-in double feature .
It definitely does. I actually did that double feature with a bunch of friends a few years ago. It was a blast.