Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-31-2009, 08:45 AM
No, fuck YOU

I guess Bloody Disgusting doesn't watch a lot of asian movies, coz to me this decade has been the best asian decade ever, horror wise.

Where the hell is "A Tale Of Two Sisters"???

RACISTS!!! :mad:

I have absolutely no problem with nr. 1 tho. :)
Old 01-01-2010, 02:42 PM
HDC Idol

Decent list... I don't necessarily agree with all of it, but aside from The Ring, I think that those are all good films...

Definitely missing:
  • The Grudge (original and remake)
  • The Signal
  • FEAST
  • Audition
  • Ginger Snaps
  • Ginger Snaps: Unleashed
  • Slither
  • 28 Weeks Later
  • Ils
  • Tokyo Gore Police

REALLY glad to see Inside, Session 9, and May on there. Fantastic films. I don't really think that The Mist belongs there... As for Saw, I think it was pretty iconic and influential. Not my favorite, but I would say it belongs there.

I would say that the most disappointing part for me is that I've seen all of those... I need more movies to add to my Netflix queue.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 01-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

ANY list without Ginger Snaps on it, be it for decade or of all time, is mine enemy.

I agree with about half of it. Then again, I imagine that's about the ratio of our top 100.

As for Saw, it seems easy nowaday to forget how awe inspiring and genre changing the original movie was. I'm not going to call anyone who says they weren't shocked and pleased with the (at the time not overdone) twist ending a liar; but if you weren't shocked and pleased at the twist ending, you're a liar. Saw was an incredible breakthrough for the genre in that it was one of the first majorly franchised movies in two decades. Whether or not it deserves to be as high on the list based on the movie itself is debatable (I would have put it slightly lower, but not much.) I don't think anyone can disagree that it deserves to be on the list, however, and probably very high up.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flayed One View Post
As for Saw, it seems easy nowaday to forget how awe inspiring and genre changing the original movie was. I'm not going to call anyone who says they weren't shocked and pleased with the (at the time not overdone) twist ending a liar; but if you weren't shocked and pleased at the twist ending, you're a liar. Saw was an incredible breakthrough for the genre in that it was one of the first majorly franchised movies in two decades.

I was very dissapointed with it..

I remember seeing the trailer in the cinema and the idea of making these ppl go thru these self damaging ordeals looked really original. I think i was conned into thinking it was a bigger budget slicker film and they definally made good use of their name star to make it look that way....

I thought one of the 2 guys chained at the beginning was the killer because his he was 'acting' scared (as opposed to acting badly)....

If I realised it was a low budget horror i might have been more forgiving of the acting etc.....that being said it wasn't a bad film and its effect on future 'horror' has been huge..
Old 01-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Midnight Toker

Send a message via MSN to iSeymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
No Orphanage?...No Eden Lake!?!...No TCM remake!??!..damn! this list really sucks!:D

Anyway, it's actually tough to make a list that can please everyone. In almost every list with this sorta title would have some "non-deserving" entry. Overall, this is not a bad list except entries like Paranormal Activity & Dawn of the Dead remake.

And no hard feelings guys but I think considering Raimi's DMTH as one of the best of this decade is bit exaggerating also.
@ Roshiq: I agree! The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) was awesome, and bloody and disgusting at the same time!

@ Topic: I think that the SAW movies and both Hostel Parts I and II were awesome movies that were both bloody and disgusting. I also think The Hills Have Eyes I and II (Remakes) should have been added and the same with the Wrong turn trilogy. :\ Hahaha.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Evil Dead

Not a bad list. I'm glad to see Inside on there, but surprised Martyrs was on there in some capacity.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:16 AM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

Pretty solid list, besides a couple of em but im schocked that ginger snaps and the orphanage isnt on there. I would have had orphanage as #2! I think they nailed it by putting let the right one in as #1. That was seriously one of the best movies ive ever seen. Heard theres an american version of it coming out. Please say its not true.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:01 AM
Banned

A lot of people here seem to like let the right one in. I missed at the movies and sort of been dismissing it at the video store. I always thought it would be cheesy. Guess i might have to go watch it. See what all the fuss is about.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:22 AM
Living Dead

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Northern Hemisphere, North America, Gaia (Planet Earth), Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Multiverse
Send a message via MSN to mlauzon
I still can't believe that "Drag Me To Hell" even made the list, it was a bad movie, and made for young teens and not for adults; SotD is more of a comedy than a horror movie, so IMHO it shouldn't've made the list.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Living Dead

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Northern Hemisphere, North America, Gaia (Planet Earth), Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Multiverse
Send a message via MSN to mlauzon
I know that, you know that, Bloody Disgusting however, doesn't know that! The problem with that list as well, is it's movies that got theatrical releases, I don't think there is a straight-to-video release on that list.

I wonder what kind of top 20 list of horror movies for the decade that members of Horror.com can come up with that were either released theatrically or straight-to-video.