Old 04-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Infection Form

The Smiley Face Murders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriste Piel, ABC News
Chris Jenkins was a popular student at the University of Minnesota who disappeared one night in 2003.

Reporter and detectives connect "smiley face" tag to deaths of young men.
Four months later, he was found dead in the Mississippi River. At first police thought Jenkins was just a drunk college kid who accidentally fell into the river and drowned after a night on the town.

Detectives Kevin Gannon and Anthony Duarte have been tracking the suspicious drowning deaths of young men across the country ever since they investigated the death of college student Patrick McNeill, who drowned in New York City in 1997. Gannon made a promise to McNeill's parents that he would never give up on his case.

When the detectives took a look at Jenkins' death, they discovered that the position of his body and other physical evidence proved that the college student didn't drown accidentally. The cause of death on Jenkins' death certificate was changed to "homicide."

While most local investigations focus on where a body was recovered, Gannon and Duarte wanted to know where the body went into the water. If they could figure out that location, the detectives believed they'd be able to gather evidence from the actual crime scene.

In city after city, the detectives found a smiley face painted somewhere at the crime scene. The color of paint used and the size of the faces varies, but the detectives are convinced it is a sick signature claiming responsibility for the homicide.

The detectives found the smiley faces in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Wisconsin and Iowa.

Gannon and Duarte also came to the surprising conclusion that more than one person is involved in the murders.

"Because there's such a wide range of states the killings are through," Gannon said today in an exclusive interview on "Good Morning America." "Besides the fact that we have multiple victims on the same night."
While this is not very well-known - heck I didn't even know about it until two days ago - these murders seem to have reached northeastern New York. In February, a student at my college, as well as a student at a nearby college, went missing. The student from my school was found drowned in a river recently, fitting the M.O. of the "Smiley Face Murders." No smiley has been found as of yet. Another missing person, from a nearby Vermont school, is more recent, and has not been found.

The editor of my newspaper told us of a security video he saw of a smiley victim, who was seen going to the bathroom, walked out some time later, walked past his friends and continued out the door down the street. Very creepy.

Because this national spate of disturbing murders has reached my area, I was wondering if anyone had any additional information on this, as it seems to be happening everywhere.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:39 AM
Fear scented candle

http://a11news.com/57/smiley-face-murders/

maybe some more info.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:45 AM
Infection Form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
cool, thanks.

EDIT: damn, that article makes it even more disturbing. I had no idea its known that its a loose organization doing this.

Last edited by colubrid660; 04-30-2008 at 07:47 AM. Reason: added content
Old 04-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Soundtrack to Rambo

smiley face assholes.....
Old 05-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Infection Form

Okay it was confirmed that a smiley face was found painted on a tree at the murder in question here. Police are still not calling an official smiley murder, however.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Jaded

The BF and I have speculated for a few years that a serial killer was involved in the sudden outbreak of college aged guys leaving a bar or party and ending up dead in a large, local river, either the Mississippi, or something that ended up merging with the Mighty Missipp (eg St. Croix River, Minnesota River...). Neither of us knew at the time that the same thing was happening in other states. It was even sugguested a couple of years ago by some reporter and the cops here (Minneapolis) just blew it off like they didn't even think it was worth investigating. What a sick-fuck thing to have people connected with across the country. At least here, we primarily have a love of what is made in a movie and (hopefully) know the difference between that and real life. And if we find someone or somebodies that may mean harm, we eventually expose them. I feal safer here than any place else on the net, and I don't even come here that often anymore.

It's a twisted world we live in.

"There is no fuckin' ice cream in your fuckin' future." -Otis
"Once in a while ya get shown the light, in the strangest of places if ya look at it right." -RH&JG
"Do your best, fuck the rest." -Me
"Onward, through the fog..." -Me
Old 05-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Scares Little Kids

I just finished the book about the TRUE smiley face killer, Keith Hunter Jesperson. The thing that bothered me most about that guy was all the animals he tortured. But most crazies do that, people that are violent to animals rarely stop there.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenheart View Post
I just finished the book about the TRUE smiley face killer, Keith Hunter Jesperson. The thing that bothered me most about that guy was all the animals he tortured. But most crazies do that, people that are violent to animals rarely stop there.
It bothered you more that he tortured animals than the fact that he killed people?
Old 05-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
It bothered you more that he tortured animals than the fact that he killed people?
Yes of course. Animals and children are innocent, I have no feelings for grown adults. I like horror movies for a reason, you know.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
:eek:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Guess the member has that name for a reason.