Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-27-2003, 06:22 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ChaoticMinister Send a message via Yahoo to ChaoticMinister
Half Corpse... hehe...

I liked 28 days later for the symbolism and the extreme circumstances that these otherwsie "normal" individuals went through... Although I did feel the opening was a little trite/cliche... I felt like I've seen that scene before somewhere... (The Resident Evil Games/Movie)

Spoilers!

The horror sequences were awesome to me... The military thing was weird, mainly because it was in England... I think they should have put in more background to the military personnel... They also could have worked on the make up effects for the dying...

Oh well, I haven't seen the flick since it came out, so it's all sort of hazy for me.

*FADE OUT*
Old 10-28-2003, 11:31 AM
Scares Little Kids

Question 28 DAYS LATER

28 DAYS LATER WAS JUST NOT WHAT I EXPECTED. IT WAS NOT EVEN A HORROR FLICK, I WOULD SAY IT WAS MORE SUSPENSE. I WAS NOT IMPRESSED WITH IT. IT WAS HARD TO GET INTO. THE BEST PART WAS THE MILITARY PART, BUT THAT WASN'T EVEN THAT GREAT. IT JUST WASN'T WHAT THEY MADE IT OUT TO BE.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:54 PM
Evil Dead

okay getting back to the ROTLD & NOTLD conversation. I know Dawn of the Dead , Day of the Dead, NOTLD, ROTLD all have tied together is some way or another. Romero has said this himself. But ROTLD has to be a sequel to something, I would think ... hence "Return" does anyone else think so..?? :)

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 01:10 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by Ritualistic
okay getting back to the ROTLD & NOTLD conversation. I know Dawn of the Dead , Day of the Dead, NOTLD, ROTLD all have tied together is some way or another. Romero has said this himself. But ROTLD has to be a sequel to something, I would think ... hence "Return" does anyone else think so..?? :)
Like I said, I think it's an unofficial sequel. Actually, I would say it's more of a spoof of NOTLD. Russell Streiner and John A. Russo were behind the story and since one of those guys owns the name NOTLD they can whatever the hell they want with it. Russo also produced Children of the Living Dead which is another unofficial sequel. Romero had nothing to do with Return, actually, Tobe Hooper was originally supposed to direct it.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:31 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I'm going to go with the spoof thing actually. Did you ever see a movie called Return to Horror High? That was a horror spoof and wasn't a sequel to anything, regardless of the Return in the title. I would say ROTLD is it's own film series based on the NOTLD trilogy. Much like Vampire Journals is based on the Subspecies series. Does anyone else have an opinion about this or is it just Ritualistic and myself?
Old 10-28-2003, 02:30 PM
Evil Dead

I often wondered about Return of the Living Dead myself. It seems like it could fit in between Night and Dawn, but there's no way of knowing this for sure. However, IMO the movie seems a bit outlandish at times and at a different pace than the trilogy 3, so maybe as Avenger said it's its own story?
Old 10-28-2003, 04:38 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by avenger00soul
I'm going to go with the spoof thing actually. Did you ever see a movie called Return to Horror High? That was a horror spoof and wasn't a sequel to anything, regardless of the Return in the title. I would say ROTLD is it's own film series based on the NOTLD trilogy. Much like Vampire Journals is based on the Subspecies series. Does anyone else have an opinion about this or is it just Ritualistic and myself?
Ahh yeah return to horror high is one of my favorite movies.. nothing like seeing Marsha brady rubbing blood on her chest... :D But getting back to ROTLD & NOTLD.. I think the directors/writers/producers all want the fans to keep guessing. but all are great movies IMO and without them we would be missing out.. and Yeah I agree with you on Children of the Dead was not a very good movie.. I think you mentioned that in another post... hey avenger you like my new avatar..?? do you know what movie is from.??

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 05:27 PM
Hellraiser

ROTLD could fit in with Romero's trilogy, but i like to think it's in a league of it's own... plus it has it's own sequels. :D
Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrasment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life.
But why would I want to do a thing like that?
Old 10-28-2003, 05:32 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by vera-icon
ROTLD could fit in with Romero's trilogy, but i like to think it's in a league of it's own... plus it has it's own sequels. :D
yes it does... but for some reason the sequels draw me in.. I could watch them for days... I really like ROTLD 3 because the chick sticks all kinds of shit in here... Man that was cool

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 07:14 PM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by Ritualistic
Ahh yeah return to horror high is one of my favorite movies.. nothing like seeing Marsha brady rubbing blood on her chest... :D But getting back to ROTLD & NOTLD.. I think the directors/writers/producers all want the fans to keep guessing. but all are great movies IMO and without them we would be missing out.. and Yeah I agree with you on Children of the Dead was not a very good movie.. I think you mentioned that in another post... hey avenger you like my new avatar..?? do you know what movie is from.??
Do I know what movie it's from, you're talking to Avenger here. Monster Dog with Shock Rocker Alice Cooper baby.