Old 11-10-2003, 04:33 AM
warprophet

clive barker: cabal

im sitting here reading the book...its damn good, i havent seen the movie though, nightbreed...has anyone seen it? (im guessing yes)
is it as good as the book? or should i shatter my own heart rather then have the movie do it?
Old 11-10-2003, 04:56 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
The movie is great. Definitely recommended viewing from Avenger. And you will have a cooler understanding of it having read the novella.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:12 AM
The Dork Knight

I HAVE'NT SEEN IT EITHER BUT I WILL NOW CAUSE IF SOMETHING IS RECOMMENDED BY THIS GUY IT MUST BE GOOD.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:13 AM
The Dork Knight

BY THE WAY I WAS SERIOUS THAT WASN'T MEANT TO BE SARCASTIC.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:15 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
I HAVE'NT SEEN IT EITHER BUT I WILL NOW CAUSE IF SOMETHING IS RECOMMENDED BY THIS GUY IT MUST BE GOOD.
Hold your horses though. It's Clive Barker. We all know you HATE Hellraiser and you posted Lord of Illusions as one of the worst films you ever seen. You seem to clearly hate Barker's work. So maybe you shouldn't watch it AUSTIN.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:42 AM
Evil Dead

:O

Good point, Avenger.

Also check out Barker's BOOKS OF BLOOD, you guys (which I think Avenger may have already?). Classic short fiction, and the stuff that really *made* Mr. Barker . . . .

J.N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html
Old 11-10-2003, 05:44 AM
Cryptkeeper

Re: :O

Quote:
Originally posted by dmihatmttl
Good point, Avenger.

Also check out Barker's BOOKS OF BLOOD, you guys (which I think Avenger may have already?). Classic short fiction, and the stuff that really *made* Mr. Barker . . . .

J.N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html
It doesn't matter if I mentioned it or not, whore out Barker's name every chance you get.:D
Old 11-10-2003, 07:02 AM
The Dork Knight

THAT'S JUST LORD OF ILLUSIONS THAT I JUST CAN'T STAND OTHER THAN THAT I LOVE CLIVE BARKER THE MAN IS A GENIUS.

I'M GOING TO EXPLAIN THE WHOLE THING I HAVE WITH HELLRAISER RIGHT NOW.

I LIKE HELLRAISER, I DON'T LOVE IT LIKE THE REST OF YOU GUYS BUT I DO ADMIT THAT I LIKE IT A LITTLE. THE ONLY REAL PROBLEM I HAVE WITH IT IS PINHEAD HE JUST DOES'NT DO IT FOR ME. I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU LIKE HELLRAISER AT ALL IF YOU DON'T LIKE PINHEAD, WELL I JUST FIND HIM A UNINTIMIDATING UNLIKE ALOT OF THE OTHER HORROR CHARACTERS LIKE JASON THE SON OF A BITCH LOOKS LIKE A TREE WITH LEGS AND A MACHETTE, HE'S GOTTA BE LIKE 6''5 AND SOMEWHERE AROUND 300 POUNDS. PINHEAD JUST DOES'NT HAVE THE LOOK TO ME LIKE SAY HE WAS REAL IF I SAW HIM I WOULD'NT BE SCARED I'D PROBABLY THINK HE WAS A FUCKIN BUM AND START LAUGHING AND ASK HIM WHAT GOODWILL DUMBSTER HE PULLED THOSE CLOTHES OUT OF. I REALLY LIKE CLIVE BARKER AND HELLRAISER IS A ALRIGHT MOVIE WITH A GOOD STORY LINE ,GREAT ACTING AND OF COURSE BRILLIANT DIRECTING.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:13 AM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
THAT'S JUST LORD OF ILLUSIONS THAT I JUST CAN'T STAND OTHER THAN THAT I LOVE CLIVE BARKER THE MAN IS A GENIUS.

I'M GOING TO EXPLAIN THE WHOLE THING I HAVE WITH HELLRAISER RIGHT NOW.

I LIKE HELLRAISER, I DON'T LOVE IT LIKE THE REST OF YOU GUYS BUT I DO ADMIT THAT I LIKE IT A LITTLE. THE ONLY REAL PROBLEM I HAVE WITH IT IS PINHEAD HE JUST DOES'NT DO IT FOR ME. I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU LIKE HELLRAISER AT ALL IF YOU DON'T LIKE PINHEAD, WELL I JUST FIND HIM A UNINTIMIDATING UNLIKE ALOT OF THE OTHER HORROR CHARACTERS LIKE JASON THE SON OF A BITCH LOOKS LIKE A TREE WITH LEGS AND A MACHETTE, HE'S GOTTA BE LIKE 6''5 AND SOMEWHERE AROUND 300 POUNDS. PINHEAD JUST DOES'NT HAVE THE LOOK TO ME LIKE SAY HE WAS REAL IF I SAW HIM I WOULD'NT BE SCARED I'D PROBABLY THINK HE WAS A FUCKIN BUM AND START LAUGHING AND ASK HIM WHAT GOODWILL DUMBSTER HE PULLED THOSE CLOTHES OUT OF. I REALLY LIKE CLIVE BARKER AND HELLRAISER IS A ALRIGHT MOVIE WITH A GOOD STORY LINE ,GREAT ACTING AND OF COURSE BRILLIANT DIRECTING.
I'm just thinking that if you don't quite care for those two films (which I think are slightly better than Nightbreed) you won't like Nightbreed.

If I saw a guy clad in leather with no skintone and a shitload of needles stuck in his head...I would be pretty scared. Especially if he told me he was going to tear my soul apart.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:36 PM
warprophet

oh i just knew you were going to be the first poster avenger, if there was such a title as "the biggest horror fanatic" i think youd be the one to diserve it, i thought i was into horror but my knowledge of it is somewhat pathetic