Old 03-13-2012, 03:30 AM
Little Boo

New horror series, danish or english?

Hi everybody!

Im new to this forum, but I have a question that I hope you can help me with.

At the production company i Denmark I work for, we are developing a horror series like Tales from the Crypt. The first episode, The Headless Lover, is in danish and have won awards around the world, like at the Freakshow Film Fest i Orlando last year, where it got the main prize.

We are now developing the next episode under the titel The Goatman, and as the titel implies it is basically about a goat monster on a killing spree. My question is, does it matter that it is in danish if we are planning on a release in USA?

I can't send you a direct link to the first Episode, but you can get it for free through our website www.bookofhorror.com if you subscribe our newsletter. It is easy to unsubscribe if you dont want more of them, there is a link in the first newsletter you get. In the newsletter you can see The Headless Lover with english subtitles, it pretty funny and is basically about a headless zombie looking for sex.

We got some press on it as well: http://www.fangoria.com/index.php/ho...ook-of-horrorq

I hope you want to see the film and that you can help us develop Goatman!

Thanks

Goatman :)
Old 03-13-2012, 10:09 PM
No, fuck YOU

If you're aiming for an american audience i'd say make it in english.

Most of them can't read. ;)
Old 03-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Little Boo

Haha! Thanks for the reply!

I would prefer to make it in english, I have done it before and it can be done, however its difficult to keep the dialect perfect because there arent that many american or english actors in Denmark. In Denmark we use subtitles for everything, we never use dubbing. So we dont really think about the fact that the subtitles are there, we just use them unconsciously. So because we have gotten accustomed to subtitles, nobody in Denmark can take a movie seriously if it is danes speaking english.

I also watch alot of foreign horrorfilms, spanish, italian and japanese primarily, I am a huge Miike and Fulci fan :D and no offence but Fulcis zombies are way cooler than Romeros ;-) But because I have always used subtitles, I have no problem seeing this kind of films. How do you feel about that sort of foreign horror with subtitles? I was a huge fan of american horror untill I discovered the japanese, which is awesome, especially Hideo Nakatas Dark Water and Takashi Miikes Audition.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:40 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatman View Post
Haha! Thanks for the reply!

I would prefer to make it in english, I have done it before and it can be done, however its difficult to keep the dialect perfect because there arent that many american or english actors in Denmark. In Denmark we use subtitles for everything, we never use dubbing. So we dont really think about the fact that the subtitles are there, we just use them unconsciously. So because we have gotten accustomed to subtitles, nobody in Denmark can take a movie seriously if it is danes speaking english.

I also watch alot of foreign horrorfilms, spanish, italian and japanese primarily, I am a huge Miike and Fulci fan :D and no offence but Fulcis zombies are way cooler than Romeros ;-) But because I have always used subtitles, I have no problem seeing this kind of films. How do you feel about that sort of foreign horror with subtitles? I was a huge fan of american horror untill I discovered the japanese, which is awesome, especially Hideo Nakatas Dark Water and Takashi Miikes Audition.
Great to see another Fulci fan and I also prefer his zombies to Romero's :) For me personally I hate dubbed films I prefer to watch them in their own language with english subtitles. So in your case actors/actresses speaking in danish but with english subtitles would be my preference. The Japanese Dark Water and Audition are amazing too :)
Old 03-15-2012, 01:46 AM
Little Boo

This must be one of the most awesome moviescenes ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycKIdtQsXCI :D
Old 03-17-2012, 04:13 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatman View Post
This must be one of the most awesome moviescenes ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycKIdtQsXCI :D
I adore that film :):):)