Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-19-2010, 04:14 PM
HDC Idol

Scott Sigler's Infected and Contagious

I stumbled upon the audio book Infected by chance when looking for horror books to listen to on a road trip. And I have to say, author Scott Sigler is an utter blast to listen to.

Sigler started by doing podcasts of his books online (you can find a lot of those for free here: http://www.scottsigler.com/node/949) and he took off and is now a published author (which I have to tip my hat to!). Not to mention, he is well-written, incredibly smart, and handles pulp with wit and skill (though sometimes his accents are a little silly - one of our main characters is a Spanish women and she sounds very similar to Seņor Wences - bahaha).

Infected is an ensemble piece that follows a group of people hunting down this mysterious infection - triangle-shaped wounds developing on hapless victims... And Contagious is its sequel.

We haven't finished Contagious yet (we really only listen to these during road trips, so we should complete it this coming weekend), but tore through Infected while being on the edge of our carseats.

Good, solid pulp horror/scifi.

I recommend the books/podcasts/audio books... Fun end-of-summer reading.

Has anyone else read/listened to his stuff?

Links

Join my Facebook Horror Group!