Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Lemming (2005)

A supernatural tale of possession or a surreal nightmarish psycho-thriller where two seemingly different couples just played musical chairs with their identities??

The fascinating part is you can put it into either category as there's no definite answer at the end. With the usual flavor of a dark French thriller, director Dominik Moll's earlier hit With a Friend like Harry was more of a homage to Hitchcock but in Lemming, there's clear Lynchian influence as the line between dream and reality gradually vanishes and what appear to be supernatural occurrences could be explained as the product of guilt or shattered trust of a seemingly normal conjugal life.

The well known few faces of modern French cinema convincingly shines in their respective roles in this beautifully plotted 2 hour long gripping thriller; surely a definite watch for HDC's twisted dark thriller lovers.

>>: A-

The Dinosaur Project (2012)

Not bad overall as they made it pretty simple with few varieties of prehistoric creatures.

>>: C+

100 Ghost Street: The Return Of Richard Speck (2012)

In terms of spooky encounters & creep factors I think it's much better than Asylum's earlier infamous serial killer-found footage film Gacy House or that recent Whaley House flick. It centers around not particularly a paranormal ghost hunting team, rather than a TV crew filming a documentary who often tries to make contact with the spirit of Richard Speck by calling his name. Yeah...it obviously at times stupid but liked the way how quickly the movie kicks off its spook-business & quite finely carried it all through the way with some decent SFX works in ghostly encounters. As Mr. Speck was a killer & rapist, so they added a Entity like scene in the middle the chaos which was nicely done considering it's an Asylum feature.

Overall, a worthy watch for the fans of Grave Encounters;) This time I really kinda liked it. :D

>>: B
Old 09-08-2012, 09:09 AM
From The Beyond

From A Whisper To A Scream (1987) Excellent gory horror anthology. The first story is by far the weakest and a bit messily delivered but things improve markedly with the rest of the stories-something for everyone :)
Old 09-08-2012, 09:16 PM
I Just Don't Give a Damn.

Location: in your house standing behind you with a chrome ball of death
The Oxford Murders.

8/10

Good movie. Ending coulda been better. But I found the movie to be very interesting. I love a good long Mystery like this. Anybody know a similar film?
Old 09-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
just one of the guys okay let the picking start lol
Old 09-08-2012, 09:43 PM
I Just Don't Give a Damn.

Location: in your house standing behind you with a chrome ball of death
Oh right also saw Detention. I liked it :U

7.5/10
Old 09-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by natthezombabeee View Post
halloween 2 the rob zombie one though I've seen the movie before but for whatever reason it freaked me out when I watched it
aw really ? I love rob zombies movies. I thought it was good I don't know I guess just watching the movie for the second time I picked up on things I didn't pick up on the first time. with the zombie halloweens I really like that he gives a background to Michael Myers. I mean in the original obviously he was crazy but whatever lol I don't know. I always like to know the background of killers to understand why they do the things the do. that's just me though. what didn't you like about it ?
Old 09-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Evil Dead

silent scream 2005 2 out of 10 stars
Old 09-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamahorrorfan87 View Post
silent scream 2005 2 out of 10 stars
sounds like a must see
Old 09-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard of gore View Post
sounds like a must see
lol............
Old 09-09-2012, 05:49 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by natthezombabeee View Post
aw really ? I love rob zombies movies. I thought it was good I don't know I guess just watching the movie for the second time I picked up on things I didn't pick up on the first time. with the zombie halloweens I really like that he gives a background to Michael Myers. I mean in the original obviously he was crazy but whatever lol I don't know. I always like to know the background of killers to understand why they do the things the do. that's just me though. what didn't you like about it ?
I'm guessing you meant to quote me and not yourself.

I like Zombie's films too. House of 1000 Corpses and Devils Rejects were great and i enjoyed the Halloween remake as i appreciated what he tried to do. The first half was really good but it fell apart at the end. But i have to disagree with you on the background thing, it was cool seeing how he came to be and all that but when it came time for him to be The Shape, it just didnt work. He didn't have the prowess and creep factor he did in the original when you know he was just a whacked out kid who was bullied. Still though i enjoyed the remake.

Now the sequel, that was a mess. None of the characters were the same. He changed and raped every character of who they were. Loomis became a complete douchebag celebrity, for godsakes. He even turned Micheal Myers into a bearded hobo. I get that he wanted to do his own thing and of course it had to be the same redneck hillbilly thing he does in all his movies but it doesn't even connect with his remake. How are you going to make a sequel that doesn't connect with the original? I know a lot of people say he did that with Devil's Rejects but i just saw him expanding on House of 1000 Corpses with that whereas H2 and Halloween were nothing alike.

Not only that but the story, the acting, the writing were all terrible. What the hell was with that horse thing? The whole thing was a mess, it didnt make any sense, wasn't scary, wasn't interesting. It was just bad.