Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-11-2010, 09:50 AM
HDC Idol

'Shutter Island' moviegoer stabbed in neck with meat thermometer

'Shutter Island' moviegoer stabbed in neck with meat thermometer after complaining about cellphone call

Quote:
A dispute at a Lancaster movie theater during a screening of "Shutter Island" ended when a man, who had complained about someone nearby talking on a cellphone, was stabbed in the neck with a meat thermometer.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...ermometer.html

Jesus CHRIST.

This is why, no matter HOW MUCH IT PISSES ME OFF, I generally don't tell people to SHUT UP when they talk during movies...

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Cranky

Ouch.

Another reason, no matter how much it pisses me off, I don't watch movies in theatres.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 03-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
[B]

This is why, no matter HOW MUCH IT PISSES ME OFF, I generally don't tell people to SHUT UP when they talk during movies...
You shouldn't worry about it, there probably aren't that many folks going to the cinema with a meat themometre in their pocket. :p

Bad joke out the way, you are right to be careful as there are enough people out there looking for an excuse to cause trouble. That said, I will usually bitch at people at the cinema who are being a dick. I'll no doubt regret it when someone shoves a ridiculously bizarre implement in my throat though.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:03 AM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

Does that mean i have to stop bringing my thermometer to the movies.....geez leave it to one person to ruin it for the rest of us.
All kidding aside some people are just plain crazy! I bet going to see that movie really didnt effect weather someone was going to get stabbed by him that day. it just happened to be there apposed to somewhere else later on that day.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Foxhole Atheist

Its not unheard of, you have to wonder about the thought processes these people have though. Talk about a serious lack of perspective.

Ive included a report from the BBC website about an attack committed by a 16 yr old lad here in the UK, not as serious but still defies belief!

A teenager who poured bleach over a woman at a restaurant in Leeds has been detained for 12 months. Jordan Horsley, 16, was found guilty at an earlier hearing of attempting to cause grievous bodily harm with intent.

The attack happened on 26 July in the Frankie and Benny's restaurant at the Cardigan Fields complex.

Mrs Warden had been watching Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince at the local cinema with her husband and two sons when she complained to the boy and his friends as their mobile phones kept going off, the court heard.

The court heard how the group drove to a nearby petrol station where Horsley wanted to buy eggs to throw at her, but when he could not find any he bought a bottle of bleach.

The teenager went into the restaurant and poured the bleach on Mrs Warden from behind. Mrs Warden required hospital treatment after the liquid went into her eyes, although she was not seriously injured.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 03-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Token Black Guy

This is one more reason that theater sales are going down. I wish more managers had the balls to throw people out for being disruptive. I hate people who talk and I hate people on cell phones.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Ouch.

Another reason, no matter how much it pisses me off, I don't watch movies in theatres.
Agreed 100% there.:D