Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-31-2014, 02:26 PM
Post Apocalyptic fiction

Post-Apocalyptic Horror

I just wanted to let you guys know that I just released my novel "Wormwood"

Here's the description:

Nathan Wilder has always feared the worst, but now the worst has become the reality. The Emergency Broadcast System blares its tone, he flees to his hastily prepped shelter with his infatuation Jeannette Leach. Together they grieve and find love.

They emerge a month later to a devastated world where countless lives have already been lost. The few desperate survivors huddled in Middlebrook, Connecticut, finally receive a hopeful radio transmission from the National Guard.

Heartened by the news that Maine has supplies to spare, Middlebrook selects a few of its residents to retrieve the necessary items. But the road is long and treacherous, and bicycles are their only mode of transport.

While Nate and the other cyclists attempt to make it to Maine and back before winter strikes, the Middlebrook residents are left under the tenuous leadership of ultra-religious Simon Huff.The dangers of the road are to be expected, but when even the fragile safety of home begins to look suspect, concerned citizen Jeannette strives to uncover what is driving Simon’s strange behavior. Will Nate and the others return in time to save their hometown from more insidious catastrophe?Touching on the effects of mental illness as well as the power of friendship, Wormwood takes a real-life approach to the post-apocalyptic thriller.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KN7WEW2

What do you think of the cover?

Thanks so much guys!
Micah
Old 05-31-2014, 04:21 PM
Cranky

Since you asked, the cover seems an average composite of standard stock photo elements. I think that same road almost got used on one of my books. The plot seems like it could be an exciting read. Good luck with your self-published novel.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff