Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Scares Little Kids

Talking Brainiac

Wow, I just found out one of my favourite Horror Classics, Brainiac, is coming out on DVD this August . Anyone else is a fan of this one?
Old 09-18-2006, 07:17 AM
Scares Little Kids

Talking Brainiac

In 1661, Lord Vitelius, played by the very prolific Mexican actor, Abel Salazar, is condemn by the inquisitors to be burn at the stake, where he curses them and promise to come back in the future to kill all their descendants. Two hundred years later he comes back to fulfill his promise. This classic has all the elements of a fun campy horror movie. Lord Vitelius transforms himself in a very funny looking monster with a fork-tongue and sucks the brains of the people dry. He makes men freeze and women horny with “The look”, he stares at them and the magic works itself. Two policemen are after his lead, and they have the most funny lines of the film, specially the assistant.
Lord Vitelius falls in love with one of the descendants, that for his bad luck is with the incarnation of the only man who help him back in 1661.

Cheesy Monster, laughable Special Effects, Bad Acting, this movie has all the ingridients, is so bad is good, I had a great time watching it :D
Another thing woth mentioning is the quality of the DVD, is superb, CasaNegra is bringing some great classic movies to life and they are doing a great job with them, plus they put a lot of extras on the disc too, hope they keep putting movies like this one out in the future.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:35 AM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

I've seen K. Gordon Murray's American cut of this film, and supposedly he messed around with it quite a bit but I thought it was a lot of fun anyway. The monster is certainly one of the weirder-looking creatures out there! A better version of this on DVD is certainly welcome.

Friend....gooooood!