Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-28-2006, 08:33 AM
The Queen of Swords

Send a message via AIM to Haunted
Bette Davis

Has anyone ever given thought to her role in the ghost story genre? I realize that the movies she's been in, not the absurd, but the just 70's sort of ghost story movies are actually not that bad. They are particularly horror, but I wouldn't necessarily consider a lot of what Vincent Price did as horror either, just possibly, macabre.

The woman was creepy even in her younger years. She often played bizarre roles. Yes, there's that one movie, but god almighty, I can't think of the name.

I don't know, do you guys think she has a place in horror? In my book she does, but maybe I'm just biased. I've always liked Bette Davis because she was creepy, not beautiful but striking, haunting, and a pretty good actress, especially if she was playing the mad woman or the creepy or wicked old lady.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Silent but Deadly

i think bette davis deserves a place in horror. she took roles that were kinda different and that challenged her. also, whatever happened the baby jane? was awesome. at least in my book.
I cannot prepare for that which I cannot foresee; therefore, forgive me should I appear constantly unsettled by your behavior. The only patterns I base my life on are yours, and the routine which I derive from your behavior is only as solid as your adherence to your own behavioral patterns. If I cannot understand you, how can I live for you?

What does a blind, deaf, quadriplegic baby get for Christmas?
*Cancer*

Cure for overpopulation = Bubonic Plague