Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Hellraiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Bastion1023
Bedlam Stories eBook Free This Weekend

Wanted to give everyone here a head's up!

Bedlam Stories is a franchise created by Film Director Pearry Teo. Centered around characters from Alice in Wonderland and Wizard of Oz, Bedlam Stories is a horror reimagining of the beloved characters we grew up with.

Dorothy and Alice are now inmates in Bedlam Asylum, their imaginative worlds become destroyed as they are subjected to cruel treatments and experimentations by Doctor Braun as he seeks to tap into the powers of the young girls.

The story is centered around Nellie Bly, who is an actual reporter who lived in the 1920s. She was a ground-breaking journalist known for a record-breaking trip around the world in emulation of Jules Verne's character Phileas Fogg, and an exposé in which she faked insanity to study a mental institution from within. In addition to her writing, she was also an industrialist and charity worker.

"There is something dark about Alice in Wonderland and the Wizard of Oz worlds. Ever since I was a young kid, I was tethering on the edge of pure wonder and terror" Pearry Teo is quoted. "While I enjoyed each franchise immensely, there was something within me that felt something darker lurked within both these worlds and the minds of their creators. Bedlam Stories, in effect, is about me sharing these fears"

Writing a script with Nicole Jones that turned into a book by author Christine Converse, Bedlam Stories is gaining exposure from the ferocious marketing of it's fans.

REVIEWS OF BEDLAM STORIES

"Picture the works of Lewis Carroll and L. Frank Baum entering a sickening, twisted world of their own devices, and the true Mad Hatter holding the keys to their imaginations is none other than visionary director, Pearry Teo. This is Hellraiser meets the two truly legendary tales we loved as a child, Alice In Wonderland and The Wizard Of Oz. But this is not your typical spin on classic tales, this is demented, twisted, and supremely bloody fun! Bedlam, with the incredible writing assist by Christine Converse has captivated me in its gory goodness...and I could NOT put it down, until it was finished...it was like a drug...a surreal, imaginative, and sickening fever dream...and I never want to wake from it. Bedlam is one of the greatest pieces of literature horror fans will read this or any year...and the projected film which this modern masterpiece stems from is going to blow people's minds all over the Yellow Brick Road...get ready for this story to assist in changing the landscape of the terror game!"
-Rob DiLauro, Horror Personality, Dreadcentral Radio Host, Author of SCORN series and Director of SCORN:Broken Visions

"A dense, absorbing read just bursting with macabre, unsettling images which simply leap off the page. A virtual phantasmagoria!"
- James Ferace, Author of OCKHAM'S RAZOR

"The best ghost story since Carpenter's the ward, and scary enough to frighten Silent Hill fans."
- Michael DeFillipo, HORROR SOCIETY

"It's a wicked and twisted tale that draws you into its wild world. Not only will you want to keep reading, you'll find yourself unable to stop!"
- Jude Felton, THE LAIR OF FILTH

"Bedlam Stories reads like the bastard child of David Lynch and Clive Barker. Its haunting artistry will scar you from the inside out!

Bedlam Stories opens in the waking nightmare of Nellie Bly, an undercover reporter for the Tribune. Anxious to make a name for herself, she accepts an assignment to go into the Bedlam Asylum and expose their practices. What's she actually gets is the doorway to another world beyond reason, both a dream and a nightmare. Christine Converse and Pearry Tao play with the Oz conventions of alternate realities and personal familiarities in new and fascinating ways. Bedlam Stories is well worth reading and like the classic novels, it will bring different things to different people based on their interpretations. It allows you in a sense, to explore the worlds of Oz and Wonderland for yourself and that alone is a gift worth receiving."

- Christopher M. Jimenez, SINFUL CELLULOID

"This is a insanely intense masterpiece! That will make u wanting more! Love it!- Scott Geiter, GRUESOME HERTZOGG

"A wonderfully twisted spin on a beloved tale. It was sick and gruesome and I absolutely loved it. A breath of fresh air for the horror genre."
- Jesse Miller, MORE HORROR

AMAZON eBook FREE this weekend ONLY

"A wonderfully twisted spin on a beloved tale. It was sick and gruesome and I absolutely loved it. A breath of fresh air for the horror genre."

"One of the most terrifying novels you will ever read"
-Martyn Wakefield, BLOOD GUTS
Old 10-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Hellraiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Bastion1023
The free Kindle offer is closed out now. I hope some of you were able to take advantage of it. If we do it again, I will be sure to post it again.

"One of the most terrifying novels you will ever read"
-Martyn Wakefield, BLOOD GUTS