Old 11-19-2003, 05:10 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ShamSham04
Geneva County - Scene Three

Scene Three – “Accident”

CUT TO: CLOSE-UP OF THE SUN. It slowly lowers down into the meadows in the distance. Soon, it was obvious that it would be completely dark. PAN DOWN, revealing...

A ROAD. Suddenly, the vehicle JOEY and SARAH are in drives past, instantly exiting the shot milliseconds from when it entered. PAN to the right where the vehicle is continuing its way down the road.

CUT TO: VIEW OF DIRT ROAD IN THE WOODS. The vehicle JOEY and SARAH are in turns onto the dirt road, and slowly speeds up closer towards the camera. The vehicle drives past the camera, exiting the shot.

CUT TO: INSIDE VIEW OF THE VEHICLE.

JOEY
Okay, we’re here. You can wait in here if you want to.

SARAH
No, that’s okay. I’ll go in.

CUT TO: VIEW BEHIND THE VEHICLE. Slowly PAN OVER to the left, revealing half of a house ten feet in front of the vehicle. Suddenly, the driver’s side door opens, and JOEY steps out.

CUT TO: SIDE VIEW OF THE VEHICLE. JOEY is to the very left of the shot, and SARAH is undoing her seatbelt in the interior of the vehicle.

JOEY
Oh, no, you can stay here if you want to. I’ll only be a minute.

SARAH
No, it’s fine. I’ll come in with you.

JOEY
Okay.

CUT TO: FRONT VIEW OF THE VEHICLE. The door to the left opens, and SARAH hops out with her book bag, shutting the door immediately after exiting the vehicle. With JOEY walking toward the camera to the right of the vehicle, SARAH begins walking forward, adjusting the book bag on her shoulders.

CUT TO: CLOSE-UP OF A DOORKNOB. The doorknob twists, and suddenly, a door opens, revealing...

JOEY. He steps inside, looking around for his mother. Following behind JOEY is SARAH.

JOEY
Mom, you in here?

JOEY continues walking down the foyer, entering...

INT. THE KITCHEN. The kitchen was rather large with cabinets and cupboards lined along two walls. In the middle of the kitchen were an island and a small kitchen table that sat at the other end of the room.

SARAH enters the shot after JOEY, looking around at JOEY’S home.

JOEY
Damn it. Where the hell is she?

JOEY walks off down the hallway to where the bedrooms and bathrooms were located. SARAH remains in the kitchen. Suddenly, JOEY immediately enters the shot again. He looks at SARAH.

JOEY
Can you wait right here for a minute? I’m gonna go see if she’s outside.

SARAH
Yeah, it’s fine.

JOEY walks off to the backdoor in the kitchen. Suddenly, when he reaches for the door, the door suddenly swings open, slamming into the wall. JOEY is startled and backs away.

JOEY
Mom? Mom, what happened?

Two women enter the shot. One had brown hair and was about JOEY’S height. The other was a little taller and had dark brown hair. The shorter woman was limping on her left foot.

TALLER WOMAN
Your Aunt Marcy was a nimrod and went out into the woods barefoot. She stepped on a nail.

The two women step into the room. MARCY continues limping on her left foot.

MARCY
Linda, it’s nothing. It doesn’t even hurt!

MARCY’S injured foot hits the side of the island. MARCY screams out in pain.

MARCY
Damn it!

LINDA
Here, sit down.

MARCY drops to a small stool from underneath the island. LINDA lifts up MARCY’S leg and examines the foot. Blood covers the bottom of her foot, along with dirt, grass, small bits of leaves.

CUT TO: E.C.U. OF MARCY’S FOOT. A small hole is visible on the heel of her foot. The hole is black, surrounded by dark blood from the wound. A hand reaches into the shot, heading straight for the hole. A finger touches the wound, and a large yelp can be heard.

CUT TO: SIDE ANGLE OF THE KITCHEN. MARCY leaps off of the stool, slamming her feet onto the tiled floor. The hard floor hits her wound with extreme force, causing even more pain for her. MARCY lets out yet another shout.

MARCY
Damn it all to hell!

LINDA
That’s it. We’re taking you to the hospital.

MARCY
Don’t be a dumbass; I don’t need no doctor.

LINDA
I’m not taking any chances. Get up.

JOEY
Mom, I’m sure she’ll be fine –

LINDA
Joey, just get me the keys to the car!

JOEY stares at his mother with an evil glare. He slowly lowers his hand to his pockets. When he does this, SARAH looks at his hand and notices something odd. JOEY seemed to have a sort of scar on his hand; as if it were cooked or something. JOEY digs his hand into his pocket, pulling out a set of keys on a keychain. He tosses them to LINDA.

LINDA
Thank you.

CUT TO: FRONTAL VIEW OF THE KITCHEN. LINDA helps MARCY to her feet and the two women head for the opening to the foyer. They walk past the camera, leaving JOEY and SARAH in the shot. JOEY looks down at the floor below him. It is now spotted with blood from MARCY’S wound.

CUT TO: VIEW OF JOEY. Slowly ZOOM IN on JOEY’S face.

CUT TO: VIEW OF THE SINK. A bloody rag suddenly hits the edge of the sink, sliding down the side of it and landing in a small puddle of water.

CUT TO: EXT. VIEW OF THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE. The front door opens, and SARAH and JOEY step out. SLOWLY ZOOM IN on JOEY. His eyes grow wide.

SARAH
What’s the matter?

JOEY
Come on, we better start walking.

SARAH
Walk? What are you talking –

SARAH looks at where JOEY’S car once was parked. It was no longer there. LINDA and MARCY had taken the car.

CUT TO: SIDE VIEW OF THE HOUSE.

JOEY
Come on...before it gets dark.

SARAH
Where are we going?

JOEY
To Mr. Malone’s. He lives a mile from here...if you go through the woods.

SARAH
Can’t we go down the road?

JOEY
If you wanna walk twice as far, then be my guest.

SILENCE. SARAH looks down the long, deserted road leading away from the house. SARAH turns back to JOEY.

SARAH
Alright. Let’s go.

---------------------------------------------

Alright guys. Here is what I have come up with for Scene Three. It was very hard for me to lay and write out, so suggestions would be freaking awesome. Thanks guys for your comments on my other scenes.

Enjoy. :)

"Television has brought murder back into the home - where it belongs." - Alfred Hitchcock
Old 11-27-2003, 11:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to LegionFilms
I love the cinematography here, I think with good directing you could pull off great stuff. The script is pretty well done as well. Looking for scene 4. :)
Old 11-28-2003, 02:51 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ShamSham04
I am VERY thrilled that you are liking my script.

I recently decided to redo my entire script so it would be in proper script format. So in about a week, I will be deleting all of threads containing my script, and post the newer version of the first three scenes all into one thread.

It won't look like proper script on the message board, so if you want it to look like proper script when you're reading it, just give me your email address and I will email it to you.

Thanks again for your comment.

"Television has brought murder back into the home - where it belongs." - Alfred Hitchcock
Old 11-28-2003, 03:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to LegionFilms
That's cool, whenever you get it done I'd be happy to check it out, my email is [email protected]