Old 02-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Evil Dead

I respect people's views on their religion(s) but I ask that they don't expect me to agree with how they feel. We all have the right to believe or not believe in what may or may not exist in our world. I am an Atheist but I NEVER put other people down for what they believe in!! I have a friend who is a Satanist and I have always been fascinated by her, she's a very intelligent and unique person. She told me about the demons that she has summoned when she wanted something but I never asked her what Satan looked like. I have to wonder if it's not the same exact way Jesus is portrayed through paintings.......who has actually seen him?????

Old 02-04-2015, 11:37 PM
fanged menace

i think he/she would look like you or me, like anyone/thing "it" would want to, would be formless and fluid to be able to do the things it does. if your the most evil of evil you`d want to be able to go where/when ever you wanted, being a ten feet tall horned/hoofed pointy tailed monster would`nt help lol.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:59 AM
I am the turtle lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfantasy View Post
I respect people's views on their religion(s) but I ask that they don't expect me to agree with how they feel. We all have the right to believe or not believe in what may or may not exist in our world. I am an Atheist but I NEVER put other people down for what they believe in!! I have a friend who is a Satanist and I have always been fascinated by her, she's a very intelligent and unique person. She told me about the demons that she has summoned when she wanted something but I never asked her what Satan looked like. I have to wonder if it's not the same exact way Jesus is portrayed through paintings.......who has actually seen him?????
Yeah they never actually seen so this is proving that they are a bunch of hippercrits ( that's probably not how you spell that).
Old 02-05-2015, 04:03 AM
I am the turtle lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampyd1977 View Post
i think he/she would look like you or me, like anyone/thing "it" would want to, would be formless and fluid to be able to do the things it does. if your the most evil of evil you`d want to be able to go where/when ever you wanted, being a ten feet tall horned/hoofed pointy tailed monster would`nt help lol.
Well for the baphomet don't bother saying he or she because what the baphomet is is the forces of man and woman combined. The baphomet was a thing they used in Egypt. They would take a goat or ram put all their sins on it and sacrificed it and then they would give the head to a foreigner because they didn't want anyone touching the meat so they wanted it to be someone elses problem.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:09 AM
I am the turtle lord

Man that was fast, 3 pages almost in one day.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:41 AM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfantasy View Post
Just stay on her good side, you don't want her sending any of those demons after you.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:42 AM
I am the turtle lord

Yeah then you would be in deep sh++!
Old 02-05-2015, 07:35 AM
I am the turtle lord

Get out my house Satanist! tumblr_mc9g0o7tMN1rn0vh6o1_500.jpg
Old 02-05-2015, 02:55 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyFreddy View Post
So certain places are attempting to get satanism recognized as an official religion with success in some places.

personally i find this cool, but how does everyone else feel.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3948329.stm
I believe in freedom of conscience (not physically forcing anyone to believe anything) and Freedom of Religion, which is the freedom to practice your belief system, & everyone has one of those, without exception. (Obviously, while one is practicing their belief system, that doesn't mean they can violate the rights of others, such as a non-volunteer murder ritual.)

This means I certainly would not prejudice against Satanism.

And by the way, the Church of Satan (created by Anton Szandor LaVey) doesn't worship Satan because they don't believe he exists. And they don't summon demons. There are other religions or belief systems that do, & some who call them satanist do, but not the Church of Satan of the article.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:46 PM
ventricle

On a different matter, the article is funny. The author of the article is fully inserted in their article. Hard to find straight up news these days.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3948329.stm

First funny thing is the wording evoking genetic based beliefs, or pre-birth spirit-being fully developed personal identity. Evoking a notion familiar in homosexual precepts: the author writes,

Quote:
According to the Sunday Telegraph, Mr Cranmer realised he was a Satanist nine years ago.
&

Quote:
He said: "I then read more and more and came to realise I'd always been a Satanist, just simply never knew."
It's evoking arguments that he was born a Satanist. That at his most elemental core, if everything else was boiled away, he was a Satanist. He didn't choose it, & he could never be anything else.

It's flowery & poetic, but if you apply that to a host of other like things, such as one's belief that they were 'born a murderer', or was born always having to have the last word, etc. It backhandedly asserts there is no freedom of conscious. No one can have a change of mind or heart. I think it a silly & dangerous notion.

Really, whether a conscious or unconscious act, the wording & argument is designed to mean "I'm declaring I believe this, & do not try to change my mind." Adults are free to assert that. The whole "I was always a believer of these 100 items" argument seems a shifty, if not adolescent, way to go about saying, 'don't try to change my mind'.

Then the author immediately serves up a pseudo Straw Man Argument (The author attacks an argument different from (and weaker than) the opposition's best argument.) The author presents the obvious hypocritical ravings of someone who is not involved deciding policy... not a Navy spokesman, not a member of Parliament, but "Former Tory minister Ann Widdecombe".

Ann "helpfully" says, "Obviously the private beliefs of individuals anywhere, including the armed forces, are their own affair" & then goes on to say, "Satanism is wrong.", "God himself gives free will, but I would like to think that if somebody applied to the Navy and said they were a Satanist today it would raise its eyebrows somewhat.", & "The Navy should not permit Satanist practices on board its ships." Which basically means, everyone has the right to their own beliefs, but if I think they're wrong, that person shouldn't be allowed to work, nor practice their beliefs.

So, if you disagree with Ann, then it's checkmate for the author's beliefs.

Anyway, a spokesman for the Royal Navy said: "We are an equal opportunities employer and we don't stop anybody from having their own religious values." As I stated in my previous post, I believe in freedom of conscience & religion -- it's just the article is really funny, & not in a good way.

Last edited by Sculpt; 02-05-2015 at 03:55 PM.