Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-14-2014, 02:48 PM
It's a-liiiiiiiiiiiiive!

Have you ever had a supernatural experience?

I'm guessing a thread like this exists somewhere in the forum ... but I searched and couldn't find one.

------------------

I thought it would be cool if we shared experiences we've had that seemed to be in the realm of the supernatural: ghosts, poltergeists, ouija, clairvoyance, astral projection, channeling, that kind of thing.
Old 12-14-2014, 03:29 PM

My sister, who is the most no-nonsense , head-on-straight person you will ever meet, sees ghosts regularly and has visions quite often. I, on the other hand...nada! Except once.

I often used to take a little boy I babysat to see some antique trucks in a subdivision across the highway from mine. It wasn't far..I would walk and pull him in a wagon. Long story short, I saw a man wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses and mechanic's overalls standing by one of the trucks. He seemed to appear out of nowhere and did startle me. I started to say "Hi" and he vanished. A really unsettling thing was that he appeared to have his entire face bandaged.

I know I saw him, it doesn't bother me that I can't prove it and I've never seen him since.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:57 AM
It's a-liiiiiiiiiiiiive!

Cool! Spooky ... Thanks for sharing. :-)

I've had a few experiences that I can't explain in consensus reality terms ... at least not with any kind of certainty.

The most dramatic was with a ouija board.

Years ago I used to hang out with a young woman -- she was 16 at the time -- who claimed to have seen ghosts on a regular basis when she lived in England.

One day she made a makeshift ouija board: drew letters on a piece of paper, cut them out, arranged them on a glass table, used the plastic top of a container as a planchette. I asked if I could try ouija-ing with her. I asked several questions, of increasing obscurity ... and the answers were all correct.

Finally, as a test, I asked for the name of a friend from my childhood that I had forgotten, and closed my eyes (so I couldn't subconsciously lead the planchette to letters). The planchette moved a few times, then stopped. I opened my eyes and Vanessa told me the name it had spelled out. It was the name of a guy I used to be best friends with through junior high school, then had grown distant from in high school.

At this point I got kind of spooked, so we stopped. Vanessa was btw unimpressed. She expected results like this. In fact, she thought it was kind of dull because the planchette hadn't jumped around or moved on its own.

The next day we tried again, but this time the board gave very nasty and malicious answers to everything. So we stopped, both of us kind of spooked. I've never done ouija since then.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:34 AM
Evil Dead

I don't believe in the supernatural, so I would have to say no.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:18 AM
It's a-liiiiiiiiiiiiive!

Luckily, the supernatural believes in you. :danger:
Old 12-16-2014, 11:10 AM
Evil Dead

Can't really feel threatened by something I don't believe in...
Old 12-16-2014, 12:39 PM
It's a-liiiiiiiiiiiiive!

It's a blessing, not a threat!
Old 12-16-2014, 04:20 PM

Years ago I got my daughter a ouija board for xmas and she and her friends would never use it! Some people are very spooked by them.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:15 PM
Evil Dead

Good ole Ouija...I got possessed by usin' one by myself back in the days.Crazy thing is how these things are mass produced along with other board games,yet considered supernatural....
Old 12-16-2014, 08:02 PM
It's a-liiiiiiiiiiiiive!

Possessed? For real?