Old 02-24-2019, 05:47 PM
Also known as newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
THE BURNING 1981

A caretaker for a summer camp is burned alive by a prank gone wrong. After a 5 year recovery period, he returns in search of revenge. Pretty good with a few recognizable faces.
Seinfelds Jason Alexander
Old 02-24-2019, 06:33 PM
Misanthrope

The Burning is a great flick. I've got fond memories of discovering it when I was delving deeper into horror than the standard franchise stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMan View Post
Seinfelds Jason Alexander
Love how he still looks like George even way back then.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:14 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
The Burning is a great flick. I've got fond memories of discovering it when I was delving deeper into horror than the standard franchise stuff.

Love how he still looks like George even way back then.
Lol, he really did.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:39 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
Lol, he really did.
Think it's also one of Holly Hunter's first films as well.

NATIONAL LAMPOON'S ANIMAL HOUSE (1978). Laughed myself silly when saw this in original release, even if some of the gags went over my 16 year old head (particularly the Road trip "Getting dates"). This has aged very well and still hilarious, almost there are a LOT of offensive subjects broached here and in our current PC society, could probably not be made today. Lots of young actors starting out who had decent careers down the road-Kevin Bacon, Tom Hulce, Karen Allen, Bruce Magill etc.
While Belushi gets a lot of the comedic credit, think John Vernon as Dean Wormer is absolutely hilarious...his revulsion on entering the Delta House ("well, Well, Well") and his total glee in reading off the grades still break me up. ****1/2
Old 02-26-2019, 09:18 AM
Evil Dead

here's a hot one

Lethal Seduction. Dina Meyer is so hot. I first saw her as a former madam on NCIS.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:31 AM
Evil Dead

Jess Franco

I just watched Vampyros Lesbos. It was new in the pay-per-view movies on my cable. It takes forever to get to the good stuff. Same when I watch Vampyres. My perpetual complaint about lesbian vampire movies is "Not enough sex." So I'm a pervert.
Spelling vampires with a Y reminds me. There was a period when horror comics were always mentioning the "vampires." There's no such word. Check our vampire lovers Bible, Dracula by Stoker. He uses the word vampire for men and women. The -ess suffix goes onto words from verbs, like actress.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:56 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoneus1957 View Post
I just watched Vampyros Lesbos. It was new in the pay-per-view movies on my cable. It takes forever to get to the good stuff. Same when I watch Vampyres. My perpetual complaint about lesbian vampire movies is "Not enough sex." So I'm a pervert.
Spelling vampires with a Y reminds me. There was a period when horror comics were always mentioning the "vampires." There's no such word. Check our vampire lovers Bible, Dracula by Stoker. He uses the word vampire for men and women. The -ess suffix goes onto words from verbs, like actress.
Are you saying vampire is also plural? I'm pretty sure I've heard it used as plural, probably more so in older films.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:34 PM
Evil Dead

THE GODFATHER (1972). Truly one of the BEST films made by anybody and certainly Coppola's best work (with DEMENTIA 13 following). One classic scene after another -find the Sicilian exile a little slow, but realize it's important to the story-and what a cast! Wild seeing how young a lot of them were at one time.
I can watch this over and over again although I feel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPOLIER> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>. that if EZ-Pass existed back then, Sonny wouldn't have been gunned down! Most assuredly a *****
Old 03-12-2019, 11:05 PM
Evil Dead

THE THING (1982). >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

Saw this during its Theatrical run-got into the theater right when the Dog enters the Camp- and just totally blown away by Rob Bottin's amazing work. The Kennel scene is still done so well and right before the shooting starts, is astounding how repulsive the alien invader is as it shreiks at the men.

There's no doubt that the loveable ET stole much of TT's thunder-very sure which ETI I would want to spend time with, but still sad this was not a bigger hit. Just enjoyed this from the get go and pleased that it acheived cult status and made some $$ some years after thanks to alternative viewing methods.

The cast is great with Kurt Russell and Keith David standing out, although I wish the script could have had a little more characterization for the men. A small quibble however-for me, this is truly John Carpenters best film and one every serious film buff should see and savor. *****
Old 03-16-2019, 01:57 PM
病気の

Madhouse, 1981. 7/10

Director: Ovidio G. Assonitis