Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies

Old 10-13-2003, 03:08 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to roguesblight Send a message via Yahoo to roguesblight
Quote:
5)Trilogy of Terror (Karen Black at the end-"Come in mother" as she repeatedly stabs the floor with a butcher knife!!!!)
That story in that movie scared the hell out of me for many nights! so that can be in my list.

The Ring (not too scary tho)
The Thirteenth Ghost
Grizzly (when I saw this at a young age, we were at a drive-in surrounded by woods and sitting out the back window of an old station wagon during a late night showing)
Jaws
Trilogy of Terror (especially the story with the tribal doll)

these aren't really in any order, and they aren't, by far, the only ones I consider my favorites!
Old 10-18-2003, 04:22 AM
Evil Dead

"The Town that Dread Sundown" is the bane of my existence. I can relate to roguesblight because I saw this film at a drive-in in Missouri when I was a little kid. I was scared so bad we had to leave and go home. To this day I don't understand what my parents were thinking by taking us to see this horrible thing.
I still haven't tried to watch it again.

Other top scarey movies:

>Jaws
>The Exorcist
>The Ring (say what you will, I didn't sleep at night for 3 days...kept seeing that creepy-ass girl coming down my hallway as soon as the lights went out)
>Deliverance
>The Hills Have Eyes
>the chainsaw scene from Scarface....one of the nastiest things I've ever seen
Old 10-18-2003, 01:25 PM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via ICQ to CrystalLake Send a message via AIM to CrystalLake Send a message via Yahoo to CrystalLake
Question

Aw..No listen similiar to mine.

1.) Friday the 13th
2.) HalloweeN 666: The Curse of Michael Myers
3.) The Exorcist
4.) Freddy vs. Jason
5.) Psycho
Jason...my special, special boy. Do you know what your gift is? No matter what they do to you, you cannot die. You can never die. You've just been sleeping, honey. But now, the time has come to wake up. Mommy has something she wants you to do! I need you to go to Elm Street... the children have been very bad on Elm Street! Rise up, Jason! Your work isn't finished yet! Hear my voice and live again! Make them remember me Jason... MAKE THEM REMEMBER WHAT FEAR TASTES LIKE!
- Mrs. Pamela Voorhees
Old 10-18-2003, 02:03 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ShamSham04
--My Top Ten--

- Friday The 13th
- The Exorcist
- Child's Play
- Halloween
- A Nightmare On Elm Street
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- Freddy Vs. Jason
- Creepshow
- The Evil Dead
- Wrong Turn

"Television has brought murder back into the home - where it belongs." - Alfred Hitchcock
Old 10-18-2003, 04:31 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by knee jerk
"The Town that Dread Sundown" is the bane of my existence. I can relate to roguesblight because I saw this film at a drive-in in Missouri when I was a little kid. I was scared so bad we had to leave and go home. To this day I don't understand what my parents were thinking by taking us to see this horrible thing.
I still haven't tried to watch it again.

I have this movie.. I love this movie.. I have the original poster for it as well.. very cool..
Old 10-19-2003, 01:53 AM
Evil Dead

Is that the one that's based on a true event, about a serial killer, killing in a town back in say the early 60's, that they never caught? if not give me a quick descrip so I can place it, I just know I saw it but can't place it if that's not it.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:58 AM
Evil Dead

oh, I remember one that scare the p*ss out of me! The Boogens-or it may have been The Boogins--about these creatures that have like long tenticals with claws on the ends, and they lived underground and came up in your basement, crawlspace, etc......
and another movie that was freaky and had the same actress from boogins was Silent Scream! both came out around the same year, and it was like late 70s or early 80s! Pretty scary at the time!
Old 10-19-2003, 02:50 AM
Evil Dead

I remember very little about "The Town that Dread Sundown." I'm serious about this movie, I was crying/screaming out loud as my dad drove us away from the drive-in movie. I was maybe 5 yrs old. Apparently, we'd go just about every Saturday night and it didn't matter what we saw, it was just something to do that was cheap.
Anyhows, yeah...I think its based on a true story from like the early 50's or something. All I remember is the killer wore a dusty-grey suit and like a white pillowcase on his head. At one point he attacked this kid and his girlfriend as they drove away from a high school dance or something. He beat the boy nearly to death with his bare hands then roped the girl to a tree and stabbed her to death with a knife that was tied to a trombone. It sounds stupid now but it was really twisted and that was the last thing I remember seeing before I totally lost it.
Old 10-19-2003, 05:37 AM
Scares Little Kids

cannibal holocaust
pieces
devil's rain
may - not really a horror film but it scared the shit out of me
black christmas
take it easy
charlie
Old 10-19-2003, 08:23 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by roguesblight
Is that the one that's based on a true event, about a serial killer, killing in a town back in say the early 60's, that they never caught? if not give me a quick descrip so I can place it, I just know I saw it but can't place it if that's not it.
yeah it was based on a killer in Texarcana ARK that was never caught.. He terrorized this town for months in the summer and killed a lot of people.. Very cool movie..

Fulci Lives!!!!