Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-31-2009, 06:09 PM
Misanthrope

Great to hear, looking forward to both of these.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:22 PM
balllls

Send a message via AIM to hacelikewhoa
Awesome! Rambo's sweet.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:48 AM
For Vendetta

There's been much movement on the Rambo front over the weekend, with Sylvester Stallone confirming to AintitCool that the film is in the early stages of development, and that it currently goes by the name Rambo V: The Savage Hunt.

Story concerns our muscle-bound hero doing battle with a feral beast; an "amalgamation of fury, intelligence and pure, unadulterated rage."

And if the below synopsis is to be believed, Rambo will have a side-kick in the shape of his 22-year-old hunting partner, Beau Brady, plus a highly skilled special forces team at his disposal.

Scroll down for the full story, though be warned, the text contains plenty of spoilers.

Rambo V synopsis -

*************BEWARE OF SPOILERS...***************

John Rambo could track anyone - or anything - on earth. Now the military desperately needs him for a mission that his ultrasensitive instincts tell him he should refuse. A beast is loose somewhere north of the Arctic Circle.

It has already decimated a secret research facility and annihilated a squad of elite military guards. And the raging creature is headed south towards civilization, ready to wreak bloody devastation.

It's a job that Rambo and his 22-year-old hunting partner, Beau Brady, can't turn down, but they and a team of highly skilled special forces kill team discover that the prey is beyond their wildest fears, a half-human abomination created by a renegade agency through a series of outlawed genetic experiments.

It has man's cunning, a predator's savageness, and a prehistoric power that has transcended the ages. And even if Rambo and Beau survive its unrelenting hunger for human blood, they'll still have to confront the grim reality that it may have grown immortal.

******************END OF SPOILERS*******************
Old 09-07-2009, 07:20 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
So, Rambo Vs. Frankenstein's monster? Sounds like a good time.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
haha, this sounds kinda stupid actually, i would have preferred the evil cult plot that was rumored earlier. whats this shit about a side-kick? rambo doesnt need a side kick. whatever, im sure it will be a blast anyway.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:00 PM
For Vendetta

No more monster, señor.

Back in September, /Film connected the dots between the creature feature aspect of Sylvester Stallone’s Rambo 5 and his rights to the sci-fi thriller novel, Hunter, by James Huggins. As one might expect, the idea of John Rambo tracking and being tracked by a genetically engineered “abomination” in snow country split fans like a coconut.

As a premise, it fell in line with Stallone’s previous statements about a new genre direction for the franchise, and the promo art above was even released to tease this aspect.

Well, today the action legend confirmed that he’s scrapped the idea for the sequel and reserved it for a separate film outside the franchise.

So, where will Rambo go next, and more importantly, who as opposed to what will he bludgeon?

In his words: “There will be blood.”

Stallone is rather savvy when it comes to listening to fans online and controlling the rumors and buzz on his productions. He sent an email to StalloneZone to set the record straight…

This is from Sly to your followers:

To all the loyal SZoners out there,

I’m letting you know that Rambo has changed course and the story about hunting the man/beast will be done using another character in the lead. RAMBO himself will be heading over the border to a violent city where many young women have vanished.

There will be blood.

Best,
Sly Stallone

Late next summer sees the release of Sly’s The Expendables, a men-on-a-mission movie following mercenaries who attempt to tackle a dictator in South America. Similar to how 2008’s Rambo was set in Burma/Myanmar, Stallone keeps a heat censor on newsworthy, troubled sections of the world for his projects and now he’s once again deploying Rambo into timely conflict.

Take note that Stallone is not ditching the idea of a creature-feature entirely. He’s held the rights to Higgins’s novel for a long time and was basically using Rambo as a vessel to obtain financing and realize it on the big screen. The passion for the material is obvious. Fans might speculate if Stallone meant that another one of his characters will be featured instead, or if he’ll create a new one. He’s been kicking the idea of a Cliffhanger 2 around for a few years now; might we see Gabe Walker—a character without canon—fighting it out on a tundra dosed with the supernatural? Only time will tell.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:51 AM
For Vendetta

For a while now, there have been all sorts of rumours about Rambo V. It’s a sci-fi. No, it’s a straight-up Rambo flick, where Sylvester Stallone’s one-man army takes on all-comers and shoots them into the middle of next week. No, it’s this. No, it’s that.

So, when Empire Online spoke to Stallone exclusively for their cover feature on The Expendables, they took the time to ask him for the definitive take on the fifth big-screen adventure of the taciturn warrior, and discovered that it’s none of the above.

In fact, it’s not going to happen at all.

“I think Rambo’s pretty well done. I don’t think there’ll be any more. I’m about 99% sure,” said Stallone, which comes as something of a surprise. After all, Rambo V was considered to be something of an inevitability after the last movie, the ultra-violent Rambo, made $113 million worldwide in 2008.

But The Expendables has made Sly think long and hard about his future; and Rambo doesn’t feature in it.

“I was going to do it,” he said. “I said I’d never talk about this, but with I feel that with Rocky Balboa, that character came complete circle. He went home. But for Rambo to go on another adventure might be, I think, misinterpreted as a mercenary gesture and not necessary. I don’t want that to happen.

“I’m very happy with the last Burmese episode, because I didn’t pull any punches on it,” he continued. “I wanted it to be what civil war really is – rough. You can’t candy coat it, and where do you go from there? So that’s [Rambo V] going to go.”

Stallone’s not done with Rambo completely, though. He told Empire that he’s at work on a director’s cut of Rambo which will restore twelve minutes to the movie, including a surprising outburst of loquaciousness for the mumbling man of action at the movie’s beginning.

“He does a speech at the beginning of the movie to Julie Benz where he lays out why his life has been a complete disappointment and why war is natural and peace is an accident,” added Stallone. “And how he just feels that his life has been a waste. It’s very important to hear that and I didn’t think so at the time. I’m going to go back and put in some stuff.”

Disappointing news for die-hard Rambo fans.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
The Hunter story line sounds pretty sweet, but you could put a bandanna on any muscle bound short guy -hopefully not Vin Diesel- and it would be cool.

Or why not go all out and let Rambo come back for Independence Day II. Rambo and Willie fighting aliens side by side, uniting the planet and firing off one liners in the name of awesomeness. Eh, I tried.
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell
Old 05-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
this made me sad. :(

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 05-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

�I think Rambo�s pretty well done. I don�t think there�ll be any more. I�m about 99% sure,� said Stallone, which comes as something of a surprise. After all, Rambo V was considered to be something of an inevitability after the last movie, the ultra-violent Rambo, made $113 million worldwide in 2008.

But The Expendables has made Sly think long and hard about his future; and Rambo doesn�t feature in it.

�I was going to do it,� he said. �I said I�d never talk about this, but with I feel that with Rocky Balboa, that character came complete circle. He went home. But for Rambo to go on another adventure might be, I think, misinterpreted as a mercenary gesture and not necessary. I don�t want that to happen.

�I�m very happy with the last Burmese episode, because I didn�t pull any punches on it,� he continued. �I wanted it to be what civil war really is � rough. You can�t candy coat it, and where do you go from there? So that�s [Rambo V] going to go.�
I like to agree with Mr. Stallone here. No more RAMBO films!:D That was a pretty decent ending to the series in the last film. But I think he can do some cameo as John Rambo (& share some insights regarding a situation that Rambo has already been thorough or experienced) in any other/modern RAMBO like films (which should come out more in these days).

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

Stallone�s not done with Rambo completely, though. He told Empire that he�s at work on a director�s cut of Rambo which will restore twelve minutes to the movie, including a surprising outburst of loquaciousness for the mumbling man of action at the movie�s beginning.

�He does a speech at the beginning of the movie to Julie Benz where he lays out why his life has been a complete disappointment and why war is natural and peace is an accident,� added Stallone. �And how he just feels that his life has been a waste. It�s very important to hear that and I didn�t think so at the time. I�m going to go back and put in some stuff.�
Now that's a good news. I'll love to see those scenes.:)