Old 12-19-2017, 10:29 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Black Christmas

What the FUCK was that ending? Go back and try again movie.

You know it's bad when I look forward to watching the remake. Which is sad because everything else up until the ending (which I felt was left unfinished) was marvelous! The killer was intriguing as well as scary, the victims you actually liked and felt for, and the suspense was down right Hitchcockian!
I need to finish watching the original. I started some months ago but stopped during a dirty phone call scene with Lois from the original Superman movie. I heard it's far better than the remake. I only remember the remake for the actresses.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:40 PM
病気の

God Told Me To, 1976. 7/10

Old 12-29-2017, 06:57 AM
Evil Dead

STAR WARS (1977). Didn't see this until 1982 when I started dating my Wife and she was amazed. really had no interest back in 1977 and once FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND made an abrupt leap from the classics to all SW issues, even less so.
Time has been kind and even though I'm not a huge fan of the series, still enjoy this and so neat seeing the young unknown cast and wonderful Peter Cushing. Still don't know why Lucas had to dick around so much with this version-find it distracts more than supports. ***1/2
Old 12-31-2017, 02:24 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
STAR WARS (1977). Didn't see this until 1982 when I started dating my Wife and she was amazed. really had no interest back in 1977 and once FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND made an abrupt leap from the classics to all SW issues, even less so.
Time has been kind and even though I'm not a huge fan of the series, still enjoy this and so neat seeing the young unknown cast and wonderful Peter Cushing. Still don't know why Lucas had to dick around so much with this version-find it distracts more than supports. ***1/2
Yep, most of it distracts. And worst of all, Lucas changed the Han Solo character, and the entire film, when Lucas had Greedo shoot at Han before Han shot Greedo (the end of the bar scene). The simplified way of describing the implications is to say Han changes through his experiences, specifically through the influences of Luke, Leia and Ken-obi. 'Washing clean' the character of Han in that awkward and butchered scene greatly diminishes the film.

It's a fun scene to argue about too. One can say Greedo, the mercenary, had already suggested he was going to shoot Han dead for the money, so what difference does it make if Greedo went as far as shooting at him? I'd suggest Han doesn't bother taking chances on his own life, and others' lives are not likely supremely valuable; and so, in the original version, Han shoots Greedo dead as a matter of course. Pretty darn important character trait.

Hated the scene of Han and Jabba... like the audience is going to be impressed and entertained with the film's editing solution of Han stepping on Jabba's tail. It's such a ridiculous scene that trips the film's flow and vital sense of 'reality' holding the suspension of disbelief.

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-06-2018 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:08 AM
Evil Dead

RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD (1984). Really still dig this fast paced Gruesome romp -feel James Karen and Clu Gulagher are hilarious as they try to deal with the giant Monkey wrench fate has thrown at them.
Bought the Tie In by John Russo back when and found it pretty amusing as well. However, there is another Russo book with the same title that is pretty much a sequel to the original NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, taking place some ten years later.
Regardless, give this another enjoyable look and You may announce to Your Loved One "I know You're There....Because I can smell Your BRRRAINNNSSS!!!!". ****
Old 01-06-2018, 11:31 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD (1984). Really still dig this fast paced Gruesome romp -feel James Karen and Clu Gulagher are hilarious as they try to deal with the giant Monkey wrench fate has thrown at them.
Bought the Tie In by John Russo back when and found it pretty amusing as well. However, there is another Russo book with the same title that is pretty much a sequel to the original NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, taking place some ten years later.
Regardless, give this another enjoyable look and You may announce to Your Loved One "I know You're There....Because I can smell Your BRRRAINNNSSS!!!!". ****
i enjoyed ROTLD immensely when I first saw. Lots a excellent horror & comedy scenes. I re-watched it last year and wasn't quite as impressed with the overall story, but it's meant to be fairly whimsical.

Old 01-06-2018, 07:32 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Howling IV

Because I'm nothing if not consistent with my feel good films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I need to finish watching the original. I started some months ago but stopped during a dirty phone call scene with Lois from the original Superman movie. I heard it's far better than the remake. I only remember the remake for the actresses.
Oh yeah I thought she looked familiar! You should certainly give it a watch. The ending was lacking but I still recommend it.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!

Last edited by Roiffalo; 01-06-2018 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:49 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Howling IV

Because I'm nothing if not consistent with my feel good films.

Oh yeah I thought she looked familiar! You should certainly give it a watch. The ending was lacking but I still recommend it.
You and your Howling IV! You know I still have to see that.

I agree with you on Black Christmas, the ending was abrupt to the flow. The end scene of the window is classic enough. You may have liked the whole film a bit more than me, I thought it was pretty good, but never really understood the hype, I mean besides it being 1974.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:20 AM
病気の

Blue Sunshine, 1977. 7/10

Old 01-07-2018, 07:27 PM
病気の

Day of the Dead, 1985. 8/10