Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Misanthrope

Aftermath

Watched this flick last night after finally grabbing a copy. Amazing stuff really dark fucked up and brutal. Some of the best effects I've seen in a long time Mr Savini would be proud. Anyone else checked it out?

Old 03-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Analrapist

Saw this some time ago, along with his two other shorts Genesis and The Awakening. The effects were really gruesome and the subject matter as well (yech), but for some reason, disturbed me less than Nekromancer (double yech).

Genesis manages to be a bit creepy and touching at the same time. Cerda is great creating a heavy atmosphere, even though The Abandoned left me wanting and confused.

Thug means never having to say you're sorry.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Evil Puppy

I enjoyed his little trilogy and while I loved the gruesome effects and lack of real characterization in Aftermath I really liked The Awakening and Genesis. The Awakening was a little blunt but Genesis was great, especially the pacing, the whole transformation was a real treat to watch.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Misanthrope

I'll have to check out the other two films (SO much stuff to catch up on!). I heard The Abandoned was a bit disapionting from a couple of friends.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:04 PM
For Vendetta

Cerda's both shorts, Aftermath and Genesis, were equally good. Haven't seen The Awakening yet.

As for The Abandoned, Cerda certainly didnt add to his rep, for sure. The whole thing was muddly and half of it didnt make much sense at all. It looked like hurried-harried stuff to me. The cinematography is exquisite, but Cerda looked like he ran out of ideas right in the middle of making this one.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
ive never managed to see anyone of them, partially because their run time turns me off, but i bet its worth the watch.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:01 AM
Synthetic Flesh

Aftermath is an interesting film. Its production values are quite high except for the obviously fake dog at the beginning of the film.

It seems to create a rhythm at the start of the film which carries on for some time, until things step up a gear when the main character is alone with the female corpse.

Interesting short film about vulnerability, even in death.