Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-29-2007, 06:16 AM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
12 million $ left for dog

NEW YORK - Leona Helmsley's dog will continue to live an opulent life, and then be buried alongside her in a mausoleum. But two of Helmsley's grandchildren got nothing from the late luxury hotelier and real estate billionaire's estate.

Helmsley left her beloved white Maltese, named Trouble, a $12 million trust fund, according to her will, which was made public Tuesday in surrogate court.

She also left millions for her brother, Alvin Rosenthal, who was named to care for Trouble in her absence, as well as two of four grandchildren from her late son Jay Panzirer — so long as they visit their father's grave site once each calendar year.

Otherwise, she wrote, neither will get a penny of the $5 million she left for each.

Helmsley left nothing to two of Jay Panzirer's other children — Craig and Meegan Panzirer — for "reasons that are known to them," she wrote.

But no one made out better than Trouble, who once appeared in ads for the Helmsley Hotels, and lived up to her name by biting a housekeeper.

"I direct that when my dog, Trouble, dies, her remains shall be buried next to my remains in the Helmsley mausoleum," Helmsley wrote in her will.

The mausoleum, she ordered, must be "washed or steam-cleaned at least once a year." She left behind $3 million for the upkeep of her final resting place in Westchester County, where she is buried with her husband, Harry Helmsley.

She also left her chauffeur, Nicholas Celea, $100,000.

She ordered that cash from sales of the Helmsley's residences and belongings, reported to be worth billions, be sold and that the money be given to the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust.

Her longtime spokesman, Howard Rubenstein, had no comment.

Helmsley died earlier this month at her Connecticut home. She became known as a symbol of 1980s greed and earned the nickname "the Queen of Mean" after her 1988 indictment and subsequent conviction for tax evasion. One employee had quoted her as snarling, "Only the little people pay taxes."
Old 08-29-2007, 09:52 AM
For Vendetta

Bleh...what a b*tch!:rolleyes:

Wasnt she the one who slapped a cop once? I dont remember why...
Old 08-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Bleh...what a b*tch!:rolleyes:

Wasnt she the one who slapped a cop once? I dont remember why...
No, Zsa Zsa Garbor slapped the cop....:D

I figured Helmsley was too mean to die.......:p I hadn't even heard she had passed away. Very strange. Though I guess I can relate to liking a dog better than most people.....:rolleyes:
Old 08-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
This makes me want to vomit food I haven't even eaten yet.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Banned

If i was that dog. I'll hire another dog to lick my balls for me.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:00 AM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by wufongtan. View Post
If i was that dog. I'll hire another dog to lick my balls for me.
That would be considered prostitution :D
Old 09-08-2007, 06:10 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
That's too muc money for a dog.I mean how much money could really be spent on a dog?
Old 09-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
That's too muc money for a dog.I mean how much money could really be spent on a dog?
you obviously don't know many rick people.... I actually do know a couple, one is a multi-billionaire, and I don't mean Know-Know, I mean met/worked for know. this one woman named Mary Lou Whitney, shes has this one dog, with some stupid french name, that she FLIES to NYC from upstate NY to go get groomed in the most expensive dog care place in NYC... It sickens me.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:44 AM
Waste Disposer

Its sounds typical to me.
You get that rich, you have bratty kids that in turn pop out bratty, spoiled little shits of their own.
Then Granma gets fed up and says well, you don't visit, you don't give me any respect-you ain't gettin nothing from me you little selfish pricks.
Her dog was the only one that actually cared for her, so why not leave the money to it?
But on the other hand-she was probably a crappy mom to begin with.. even with money you can raise your kids not to be selfish and greedy.
And really, it's not that hard to be a good mommy-you just have LOVE them.

Everybody got what they deserved here.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:09 AM

Harshful truth right there!