Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-11-2015, 02:09 AM
I am the turtle lord

And also a coaster.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:34 AM
Banned

Old 03-23-2015, 06:52 PM
Evil Dead

I read a book called "The Haunting of Derek Stone: City of the Dead" once a couple of years ago. It started out pretty well with this pretty intense chapter about a boy getting in this horrible train wreck that really reminded me of Final Destination. After that, he starts to see ghosts. It's alright for the first half or so, but it gets increasingly boring and confusing as the book wears on. I had to stop after about 2/3.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:45 PM
Living Dead

usually by the time I want to give up on it i'm more than half way so i just finish it or really skim through it.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Little Boo

Unfortunately I feel your pain...

Hello....I'm new to the forum. And yes, I once read a book that made me very sad. It was supposedly a "psychological thriller." And I trudged my way through the ENTIRE book HOPING it would get better. There were virtually no thrills but it WAS packed with sadness, torment and gloom; all of which fell on the supposed antagonist. Page after page after excruciating page, the antagonist was mercilessly beat down by the memories of what he suffered in his past. The story soooo depressed me I almost had the noose hung in the closet when I finished the last page. And thankfully I was able to save myself...needless to say, I haven't read their second book.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:23 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmylinds View Post
Hello....I'm new to the forum. And yes, I once read a book that made me very sad. It was supposedly a "psychological thriller." And I trudged my way through the ENTIRE book HOPING it would get better. There were virtually no thrills but it WAS packed with sadness, torment and gloom; all of which fell on the supposed antagonist. Page after page after excruciating page, the antagonist was mercilessly beat down by the memories of what he suffered in his past. The story soooo depressed me I almost had the noose hung in the closet when I finished the last page. And thankfully I was able to save myself...needless to say, I haven't read their second book.
What book?