Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Hellraiser

Flowers in the Attic

I just finished Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews. Highly recommended. It's about a bunch of kids who get locked in a mansion's attic for a few years because the mother is afraid that public knowledge of their existence will jeopardize her inheritance. Lots of child abuse and a bit of incest in this one. It was a surprisingly well done book.

I probably won't read many of the V.C. Andrews novels past this because 90% of her books were ghost-written by Andrew Neaderman (sp?) after her death, but this one was really spectacular.

Old 07-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
I do like this book, like I have said before it is one of two books by Andrews that I like. It is fairly well-written and really twisted...lol. My Sweet Audrina is the other one that I enjoyed. The formula of her books was eventually just beaten to death. But I would recommend that one to you if you liked Flowers in the Attic. It stands on its own and is a little different from the others.

Other than that, I wouldn't bother with any more of them....just more of the same.

Last edited by jenna26; 07-11-2005 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Evil Dead

flowers in the attic is a good book and the follow up ones are good also my sweet audrina was one of the first booke i ever read its one of v.a best.