Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-24-2014, 05:53 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

I Spit on Your Grave (1959)

Wanted to see this one for years after reading the book. And yes, this is the film that Jerry Gross stole the title off to release his 'Day of the Woman'.
The film revolves around a pale skinned black guy who 'passes the colour line' to enact revenge on white society for the lynching of his brother. Not as nasty or hard hitting as the book or as exploitative as I would have liked. It's still a good watch, a shocker for it's time and has a groovey score too.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:51 AM
Cranky

Wow! I had no idea...

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 01-25-2014, 12:37 PM
ventricle

Planet of the Vampires 1965

A Mario Bava film. A great plus is this is English dubbed, and you get to hear the voice of Racer X and Pops, as Peter Fernandez and Jack Curtis lend their iconic voices. They really got around.

The set design, props and costumes are fantastic. They are right out of a sci-fi pulp magazine.

The synopsis is great, but the script and acting are somewhat dull and stiff. It is notable, the movie Alien 1979 (and Prometheus) owes a lot to Planet of the Vampires. (And Planet of the Vampires owes to the story "Who Goes There?") The plot is basically the same -- a broadcast signal brings a ship to investigate. They find a very old space ship with the bones of the giant alien travelers who came before them. The new arrivals face the sme fate, as they are taken over by the planet's parasitic hosts... who get inside them.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:17 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Wow! I had no idea...
Ditto! :shocked:

-----------------

Young and Innocent (1937)

Quite an early film of Sir Alfred Hitchcock. I wanted see some pure classic era film with my wife & so when I opened my little pack for classic movie dvds, she picked it just looking at that cover :) Overall, a decent time passing romantic thriller with a funny little twist at the end...for which, I think the title could be....The Eyes that Blinks Too Much!
>>: B
Old 01-28-2014, 12:57 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post

Wanted to see this one for years after reading the book. And yes, this is the film that Jerry Gross stole the title off to release his 'Day of the Woman'.
The film revolves around a pale skinned black guy who 'passes the colour line' to enact revenge on white society for the lynching of his brother. Not as nasty or hard hitting as the book or as exploitative as I would have liked. It's still a good watch, a shocker for it's time and has a groovey score too.
OMG! The writer even died while protesting about this adaption in the theater! :scared to death:
Old 02-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Evil Dead

Blood of Dracula (1957)
Old 02-22-2014, 03:20 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Les Diaboliques (1955)

Excellent, atmospheric French thriller. Its hard to watch totally objectively these days as the plot has been so done so many times since.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:17 AM
Horror Fan

Enjoying the original Night of the Living Dead (1968) on Chiller.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:32 AM
Evil Dead

The Brides Of Dracula (1960)..Awesome oldie i must say..Peter cushing at his best
Old 02-24-2014, 12:01 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrows View Post
The Brides Of Dracula (1960)..Awesome oldie i must say..Peter cushing at his best
I always thought this was one of the better Hammer films; rich sets, color and atmosphere.