Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-20-2010, 03:12 AM
For Vendetta

Nope. That one is hard to track down over here.

The Raymond Burr version I watched yesterday is surprisingly easy to get, very common in the shops, and also in sales. I bought some used dvds in a sale recently and got it as a part of a 10-dvd "Godzilla bundle" for around $25 (Rs 1200).

The other ones in the bundle are - Godzilla Raids Again, Godzilla vs King Kong, Godzilla vs Mothra, Ghidrah The Three Headed Monster, Godzilla vs Monster Zero, Godzilla vs The Sea Monster, Son of Godzilla, Destroy All Monsters and Godzilla's Revenge.

Last Seen - Godzilla Raids Again.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:30 AM
Cranky

Gidrah & Mothra are both wonderful, and Destroy All Monsters is great for bringing all the beasties together!

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 05-21-2010, 03:08 AM
penley chase ghost

last seen classic movies

the werewolf 1956
probably one of the best wolf man style horrors made

the haunting 1962

still an unsettling movie especially against today so called ghost stories
Old 05-21-2010, 10:11 PM
For Vendetta

Godzilla vs King Kong
Godzilla vs Mothra
Old 05-22-2010, 10:21 AM
For Vendetta

Had a pretty strange, strong and inexplicable urge to watch...

The Haunting

...so I did.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Evil Dead

"The Mummy's Hand" (1940)

Plot: IMDB
A couple of comical, out-of-work archaeologists (Dick Foran and Wallace Ford) in Egypt discover evidence of the burial place of the ancient Egyptian princess Ananka. After receiving funding from an eccentric magician (Cecil Kellaway) and his beautiful daughter (Peggy Moran), they set out into the desert only to be terrorized by a sinister high priest (George Zucco) and the living mummy Kharis (Tom Tyler) who are the guardians of Ananka^Òs tomb.

Phantom's Review: Fun, but weak sequel to the original classic film. Nowhere near as good as Karloff's film, but I enjoyed it.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:48 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)

>>: A
Old 05-29-2010, 05:25 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Unknown (1927)

A silent masterpiece from Tod Browning & excellent collaborations with Lon Chaney. In this emotionally moving macabre tale of love, I didn't notice carefully the cast list at the beginning, so after finishing it while I was reading more about it on wikipedia then came to know with a big surprise that the wonderfully acted gorgeous female lead Nanon was played by Joan Crawford...(only 2 of her later works I have seen before & both of them are my very favorite...Whatever happened to Baby Jane? & Straight-Jacket).

The small but brilliant cast showcased some excellent talents in their respective roles...specially the scene when Nanon tells Alonzo (Lon Chaney) who she is actually going to marry & then with shock & grief Alonzo starts to cry & laugh at the same time...was marvelous! also like to add the scenes when Alonzo almost forget to use his hands & lights a cigarette with his feet...simply amazingly done. Nonetheless in an important supporting role the actor who played Cojo, Alonzo's assistant was also splendid with his griping facial expressions in his little part. I'm now just wondering what was the original title that the maker of such a beautiful masterpieces (Dracula, Freaks) had given...I guess it was bit simple but surely effective & catchy.

A fantastic film from silent era, fans should definitely need to check it out if missed before.

The Man Who Laughs (1928)

A king made me a clown!

A queen made me a Peer!

But first, God made me a man!

A remarkable portrayal in celluloid from one of the very compassionate greatest writers in the world--Victor Hugo's novel with the same title. A magnificent film where your love & care for the lead characters will grow & touches the core of your heart as the story progress. Conrad Veidt was again played a emotionally authentic part in the title role...the laughing man that significantly played a major role for Bob Kane's classic comic character "The Joker". Masterpieces like Hunchback of Notre Dame, Phantom of the Opera, Freaks & Bride of Frankenstein, this is another important piece in the history of cinema that we can't afford to deny at all.

I'm more than glad that just for a curiosity I checked the above 2 films yesterday. Both gave me immense pleasure & inspires me to dig more films of this very significant era of world cinema.

Last edited by roshiq; 05-29-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:42 AM
Cranky

Awesome reviews of 2 great films, Roshiq!

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 05-29-2010, 01:48 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Had a pretty strange, strong and inexplicable urge to watch...

The Haunting

...so I did.
Out of all the strange, strong, and inexplicable urges to have, that's not such a bad one.