Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Undead

To me I judge a good horror film by how much suspense it has and how much I am drawn in the fear the characters have. High Tension, Texas Chainsaw (original), HOTC and also alot of the Asian horror (and I don't mean The Story Of Ricky).

Then I have films that disturb me. Films like Irreversable and August Underground.

Then there is just a good fun gory horror film like 28 days, Dawn of the dead etc.

Then the classics like Argento and Fulci. Also films like Last House and I spit on your grave.

But please, no more shit rubbish indi horror like Children of the Dead and Cradle of Fear. No more handicam home mades please.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:46 AM
Misanthrope

I've been more disturbed by extremely graphic scenes rather than been scared while watching a movie.

The Exorcist on the big screen was pretty creepy especially the sound.

But like a lot of you guys have mentioned I think I've become desensitized. Hellraiser II and Suspiria scared the shit out of me when I was younger but its been a long time since I experienced more than the usual jumps something like say [REC] delivered.

Last edited by Elvis_Christ; 05-17-2009 at 12:47 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-17-2009, 04:45 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
*Yawn* it's a little early for wisdom sharing.

Ok, now is good.

I was actually pretty freaked out by Prince of Darkness the first time I saw it. I turned out all the lights and got stoned before hand. It was a good cold fear, and with such shitty cover art too. For a lesser known movie, I really like it.
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell
Old 05-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Miss_Murder

Scariest movie ive seen so far... Well theres See No Evil , thats pretty scary.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:49 PM
The Manchester Butcher

Send a message via Yahoo to mrbelle
I have never been scared at any movie. I have been watching since i was a baby and was told i would just stare at the tv and not move until the movie was done. I would love to be scared but since i am not i can scare the people watching with me lol

Old 05-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbelle View Post
and was told i would just stare at the tv and not move until the movie was done.lol
That's creapy, were you medicated as a child? I've never met anyone who just stared at the TV like that, you know, unless there was something seriously wrong. When I was a baby movies scared the hell out of me, they didn't really even have to be all that scary.
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell
Old 05-17-2009, 03:17 PM
The Manchester Butcher

Send a message via Yahoo to mrbelle
no i was not medicated as a child. but i will say that i am not all there and i am sure i should be on meds now lol

Old 05-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Misanthrope

Oh well at least you like a great band like Destruction :D
Old 05-22-2009, 10:04 AM
The Queen of Swords

Send a message via AIM to Haunted
The Shining scared the shit out of me when I was little. It was those goddamn twins! I have to connect with the poster who said the extended Exorcist is creepy, but that's my favorite horror film of all time. There have been films that have disturbed me because of violence (not the cool kind of violence that we're used to, but something on a scale that could say, happen to you, any of you).

I mostly like films about ghosts and haunted places.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:52 AM
Little Boo

The exorcist. This movie scared me to death! For months i had to sleep in my moms room. I watched it when i was like 11, im pretty sure thats to young to be watching such a horrific movie.