Old 09-16-2017, 01:58 AM
Evil Dead

Who Is Bob?

Freddy Krueger is played by Robert Englund, in Halloween Myers kills Bob and pretends to be him -his girlfriend refers to him as Bob twice. In Halloween two we see Myers picking up a knife as two old folk watch the news. We get a shot of Myers as on the Tv a guy is saying "This Is Robert Mundy, live." In Candyman 2 his name is Daniel Robitaille. In Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 Leatherface is called Bubba. Apparently fans thought this meant Bobby. In the same film his partner in crime, played by Bill Moseley, is Robert Sawyer. In a later CHAINSAW film leatherface was played by Robert Jacks.

Robert Dzar played MANIAC COP. In DAY OF THE DEAD we have Bub, the gun toting zombie. Eddie Quist, serial killer and werewolf in THE HOWLING was played by Robert Picardo. In DARK NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW we have Bubba as the murderous scarecrow. In TERMINATOR 2 Arnie is dubbed Uncle Bob. His mercurial enemy was played by Robert Patrick.
This one is a stretch. In Friday The 13th the numbers 13 look like the letter B. The guy who most played Jason was Kane Hodder. Hod is like Hood as in Robin Hood, another forest dwelling villain. Apparently the early Robin Hood was not the jolly character we see in modern films but much darker. For instance he kills Sir Guy Of Gisborn and sticks his severed head on the end of his bow.

In the book IT Pennywise is referred to as Robert Grey. In DREAMCATCHER there is a malicious alien entity known as Mr Grey. In Devil's Rejects Captain Spaulding is called Booby by his girlfriend. We have Bob in TWIN PEAKS. David Lynch has a thing about the name Bob. There are three Bobs in WILD AT HEART, all who die due to head injuries -including main villain Bobby Peru. Lynch also produced a series of dark paintings about a guy called Bob, who he says is not the same Bob as in Twin Peaks. His band is called Bluebob. The gangster in LOST HIGHWAY is played by Robert Loggia and the strange white faced devil figure in the same film is played by Robert Blake.

Stephen King had a nightmare about a hanging man. He had a sign around his neck with the words "Robert Burns" on it. This inspired his character Hubie Marsten in Salem's Lot, a gangster and child killer who hangs himself.
We have Robin Goodfellow, an elf who lures people into forests to their doom. Hob as in Hobgoblin is a variation of the name Rob.
In Doctor Who we have The Master played by Roger Delgado. Except his real surname was Roberto. We also have The Master being played by Eric Roberts in a Doctor Who film.

There's an 80's SCIFI horror series called Sapphire and Steel about two otherworldy agents who protect the world from entities outside of time. One of these villains was called Shape. He enters our world through a photo and he has the power to enter any photo and bring out people from photos. He is also able to trap people in photos and if he burns the photos they die.He is played by Robert Hornery. He looks a lot like Freddy without the burns. The character reminds me a lot of Freddy Krueger.

The Hulk's middle name is Robert. This came about because of an error. Bruce Banner appeared in a Fantastic Four comic and the torch called him Bob. Nobody knows why. They had to keep it since.

Who is always trying to kill Bart Simpson? Sideshow Bob.

In Star Wars we have Boba Fett. In the original version of the script the main villain was a rogue bounty hunter. Lucas changed it and created Darth Vader instead. The bounty hunter became Boba Fett.
In Manhunter/Red Dragon, Dr Lecter masquerades as a guy called Bob Greer to get the home address of Will Graham.
According to a book I read witches would conjure the devil by calling his name: Robin.
I also read that one of the oldest words for a demon is Robet. I think it is was Hebrew. From this we get Rabisu, a crouching demon. There is a dragon called Rahab in the bible. When Jesus was about to be crucified Pontius Pilot offered the crowd watching to free him or Barabbas. A killer and thief. They chose Barabbas. His first name also happened to be Jesus.

The number of the beast is 666. The number of his name. Or is it bbb as in bobby?
In Dune we have the evil Beast Rabann.

The Exorcist was based on a true story about a boy. One account says his name was Robert. Then we have films like Babadook and Robert(about a cursed doll)based on a real cursed doll called Robert. Then there is Robur Conqueror of the world, a book by Jules Verne about a man attacking the world from a paper airship(of all things). In The Wickerman Lord Summerisle's right hand man is Oak. The latin name for Oak is Robur. Oak dresses up as the hobby horse. Hob = Rob.

In The Omen Damian's father was Robert Thorn.

In Hitchcock's film FRENZY we have the serial killer Bob Rusk. Psycho was written by Robert Bloch.
In ODD THOMAS we have the satanist and would be killer Robert Robertson who comes back from the dead as a powerful poltergeist.
One of the most famous serial killers was Ted Bundy. His middle name was Robert.

In The Matrix films we have Agent Smith. His next in command was Bob Jones.

Robert Louis Stephenson wrote Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde. This book about a villainous doctor came out a few years before the Jack The Ripper murders. Some believe he was a doctor. A likely candidate is man called Rosslyn D'Nston. His real name was Robert Stephenson. He was a part time doctor and into magic. He was the first to suggest that the ripper was a magician taking body parts for use in magic rituals and that the sites of the killings formed a magical pattern. He was in the location of the deaths at the time and was questioned three times. The killings happened in 1888. The number 8 looks like the letter B. BBB. BoBBy.
Who was the main man behind the invention of the atom BOmB? Robert Oppenheimer. After doing so he referred to himself as Shiva, destroyer of worlds.

The we have the B(l)ob. Isn't there a blob monster called Bob in a recent ainimation film?

There's a Brit tv show called UTOPIA about a shadowy branch of the government who want to sterilise us to prevent over population. They use an assassin called Arbie to kill anyone who gets in their way. The name Arbie began as RB(Rob?) standing for 'raisin boy' because of his fondness for chocolate covered raisins. Arbie turns against his masters and ends up killing some of them. Arbie is played by Neil Maskell. Maskell was in a gory film called KILL LIST in which he is employed as an assassin for a shadowy powerful group like in UTOPIA. He turns against them and ends up killing them. During the film Maskell's wife drives off in a car. The license plate of the car is AROBERT.

There are more but I've forgotten them. I'm not including SpongeBob Squarepants, before you ask. No matter how horrible he is.
I know Robert is a common name, but so is Andrew or Patrick. Why are there no coincidences with these names?
I think Robert is the name of the devil. It means Shining Fame. An apt name for a fallen angel. In a lot of these examples Bob is the right hand man of evil or a tool of evil. Maybe this is more accurate.

Last edited by fudgetusk; 09-16-2017 at 02:00 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 01:57 PM
This is a test

You do have an inquiring mind, don't you? I think it's just that, as you pointed out, Bob is a very common name. How do you know so much stuff?
Old 09-17-2017, 08:56 PM
No, fuck YOU

This is Bob

Thumb resize.

Don't let him in.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:43 AM
Horror > Everything

Now do one for Jerry.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:52 AM
Evil Dead

I've pointed out the Latin word Robur. It means strength. In freemasonry their temples always have two pillars. They are named Boaz and Jachin. Boaz means 'in strength'.

Then we have the film QUATERMASS AND THE PIT. Which is set on Hobb's Lane. The site of much paranormal activity. One character points out that the spelling has been changed from Hob. And they also point out that Hob is an old name for the devil. Hob is a familiarisation of Rob.

Yesterday I watched an old scifi film called THEY CAME FROM BEYOND SPACE. Alien meteorites land on ROBERTS farm. Mind controlling aliens take over the farm.

Robert is a common name. But is it more common than John? I challenge anyone to create a comparable list of Johns connected to evil and villainry.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:50 PM
ventricle

And the beat goes on... then of course there's the Tim Robbins' film Bob Roberts, who as one character calls him "a crypto-fascist clown".

And then there's the whole "Bob Dobbs, Church of the Sub-genius shtick".

Interesting write up, fudgetusk! Actually, I don't know if I ever thought about the tendency to use Robert/Bob as evil in fiction. Interesting connection that one meaning of Robert is shining/fame which would be associated with Satan, the luminous one.

Old 09-18-2017, 04:35 PM
This is a test

I could see Michael being another name that might be used a lot . I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm really curious how you come to notice these type of things. When I watch movies, I tend to just...watch, for lack of a better word.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:35 AM
Evil Dead

Who tried to blow up parliament? Guy Fawkes? The leaded was actually Robert Catesby. It is his effigy we should be burning each year.

IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS takes place at Hobb's end. Hob is a variation of the name Rob and an old name for the devil.

In AUSTIN POWERS Dr Evil is cryogenically frozen in a statue of Bob' Big Boy. His number two is played by Robert Wagner.

The Hitcher from the MIGHTY BOOSH TV show is evil and turns up a lot. His real name is Babu Yaga. Named after Baba Yaga a Russian bogeyman.

Talking about the bogeyman it is derived from the word Boggart. What do we cry when we want to scare someone? BOO! We also use this sound to denote dislike usually of a villain.

Another name for the devil is Beelzebub.

Already mentioned Ted Robert Bundy. He reminds me of Robin Goodfellow. Goodfellow would lure people into the forest to their doom. Bundy would trick women into his car and take them to the forest to their doom. He would adopt a British accent while tricking the women. Robin Goodfellow was a British elf.

Goodfellas is a name for a mafia person. The films stars Robert De Niro.

In The SHining we have Delbert GRady. The former caretaker of the hotel and a murderer of children. The name is very like his later character Robert Gray, otherwise known as Pennywise the clown.

In CAPE FEAR we have Robert De Niro as the villain. In the original version it was Robert Mitchum. The Simpsons did a version of it with Sideshow Bob.

In Star Trek we have the BORG. Reverse the word.

In SUPERMAN 3 we have Robert Vaughn as the villain. His sister in the movie calls him Bubba.

In TIME BANDITS Evil's right hand man is Robert.

In the kids tv show LAZY TOWN the villain is Robbie Rotten.

In PRINCESS BRIDE we have the Dread Pirate Roberts.

In CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG The child catcher is played by Robert Helpmann.

Who was the villain of the French revolution? Robespierre.

Who was the most hated Prime Minister? Margerate Thatcher. Formerly Margerate Roberts.

Child Killer Robert Black.

he looks like Freddy Krueger(played by Robert englund)

Black was known for always wearing the same dirty ripped jumper.

Last edited by fudgetusk; 09-19-2017 at 03:06 AM.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:37 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
I could see Michael being another name that might be used a lot . I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm really curious how you come to notice these type of things. When I watch movies, I tend to just...watch, for lack of a better word.
It started with the main villains Freddy, Myers etc. I don't seek out this info. It comes to me.

consider the main villains. Freddy Myers Voorhees leatherface Candyman.

They are all linked by Bob.

Find me another name that links them.

We know that Rob is an old name for the devil. doesn't it make sense that it would show up in horror films?

Last edited by fudgetusk; 09-19-2017 at 02:39 AM.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:38 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Now do one for Jerry.
Funny you should mention that. The other night I watched KING OF COMEDY. With jerry lewis. He seems a dark person to me. It also stars Robert De Niro.

No getting away from the Bobs.