Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-26-2014, 03:51 AM
Banned

High Tension
Next Door
Dressed to Kill
The Evil Dead
that film with the talking vagina (I think its German)
Old 08-26-2014, 01:47 PM
病気の

Moebius (2013)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2942522/

The Seventh Continent

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098327/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_17

Melancholie der Engel

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1420558/

Lilya 4-Ever

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0300140/?ref_=rvi_tt
Old 08-27-2014, 08:13 AM
Evil Dead

Ive only been shocked by one film and that was Serbian Movie, just that scene with his son.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:19 AM
Evil Dead

Movies like A Serbian Film and The Human Centipede don't really "shock" me because I forget them within an hour.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:51 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
I still like my 'a Cimmerian film' joke. I think 2013 was the year I peaked.
Haha, yes, that was classic. I feel bad for picking on the guy's grammar.

You have not yet peaked though. The best is yet to come.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:06 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
I still like my 'a Cimmerian film' joke. I think 2013 was the year I peaked.
True. You really should be around more often to flex that wit.

I actually actively avoid exploitation and other films that are typically labelled "disturbing;' rape, especially, makes me incredibly unhappy so I haven't seen "classics" such as Last House, I Spit On Your Grave, Irreversible, or Serbian Film - That being said, I typically grill folks like Ferox around here about those films... Hey, I may not be able to watch them myself but I love reading reviews and reactions, though...

In terms of the most shocking/disturbing films that I have ever seen, it comes down to these three:

Visitor Q - Takashi Miike was really my foray into Japanese horror, around a time that I was just starting to explore the genre in general... I had seen Audition which had really disturbed me so I went into Visitor Q expecting somewhat of the same - That it starts with casual incest honestly just shocked me along with all of the casual familial violence and, finally, a few incredibly disturbing images of the reimagining of the nuclear family. I had never seen anything like it - It was truly disturbing yet also beautiful - I might have to bring myself to watch it again (it's been about 6 years and only a few scenes remain in my mind...

Blue Velvet- Whoo boy - Another unanticipated shocker for me; while I had seen Twin Peaks and some of Lynch's more modern films (Mulholland Drive), I wasn't prepared for the physical and sexual violence and sheer terror that was Dennis Hopper. A certain scene with a gas mask and spread legs shocked me - I watched it with my boyfriend at the time (waaaaaaay before I had gotten into horror - Before Visitor Q; before this forum) - And it truly disturbed me. It's been about 10 years since I've seen it, which may be an appropriate amount of time to recoop before seeing it again, but I am not so sure. It's a well-directed, truly absurd, and truly horrifying.

Martyrs - I probably watched this movie about 2 or 3 years ago and I had heard that it was "disturbing" but I was truly unprepared for this movie, especially since it starts with what seems like your above average slasher film and then descends into true physical and psychological torture - A truly nihilistic and unhappy film that left me feeling very empty and hopeless - Now THAT one haunted me for a week or so. Oh boy.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-01-2014, 07:00 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post

I actually actively avoid exploitation and other films that are typically labelled "disturbing;' rape, especially, makes me incredibly unhappy so I haven't seen "classics" such as Last House, I Spit On Your Grave, Irreversible, or Serbian Film - That being said, I typically grill folks like Ferox around here about those films... Hey, I may not be able to watch them myself but I love reading reviews and reactions, though...

Don't ever watch Irreversible or Megan Is Missing. To me, the other titles you mention are more fiction and far out and therefore more digestible. To me.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:05 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Don't ever watch Irreversible or Megan Is Missing. To me, the other titles you mention are more fiction and far out and therefore more digestible. To me.
Megan is Missing wasn't very difficult to watch for me. I guess I watch too much Dateline.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:58 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Megan is Missing wasn't very difficult to watch for me. I guess I watch too much Dateline.
Yes, that might be the case.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:23 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Noted. I keep on trying to bring up the nerve to watch Irreversible but just can't do it.

What embarrasses me is that I really want to watch these films so that I can enter the discussion around the horror genre more broadly - Exploitation is a huge blind spot in my viewership which bums me out when I want to participate in discussions on this board. But it's just too icky for me.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!