Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Evil Dead

Are you kidding me? "Begotten" was shocking?
Old 08-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Evil Dead

Top 5 movies that had shock value to me......

1. Cannibal Holocaust
2. The original I Spit on Your Grave
3. The original The Last House on the Left
4. Kids - soo fucked up!
5. The last one I cannot remember the name of it but it was about 2 guys and a girl that hung out together all the time and even slept together and jealousy brew between them and the one guy ends up having his penis cut off and shoved in his mouth. I think the movie cover has a picture of a pentagram on it??
Old 08-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

I still like my 'a Cimmerian film' joke. I think 2013 was the year I peaked.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:05 AM
Evil Dead

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE (1978). Pretty hard going, although I loved how she got her revenge on those lowlifes. The remake sounds even more brutal.
HENRY:PORTRAIT OF A SERIAL KILLER (1986). Very well made, but grim as hell and the home invasion scene is stomach churning.
DELIVERANCE (1972). "Squeal like a Pig"...'nuff said. Saw this when I was 13 and had nightmares for years afterwards over those two.
NIGHTMARE (1981). MANIAC is pretty sleazy, but this is even more so and takes you into one hellish world.
FREAKS (1932). Very ahead of its time. Ending is still hard hitting.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:12 PM

Is Ensuring Your Place in Hell worthwhile? I heard similar descriptions of Gateway Meat which I tracked down recently and was entirely unimpressed.

Black Metal Veins was perhaps the most disturbing film I have seen recently. Despite the handful of staged scenes, it was pretty unnerving to see the toll heroin took on the subjects. Raven was, for lack of better terms, deflated and covered in open sores by the later segments yet completely unfazed and upbeat which was disconcerting even separate from the other events in the film. Intravenous whiskey was an interesting concept though. The 50's version of Death of a Salesman was quite disturbing too because it seems to be the most relatable horror film.

Serbian Film, Cannibal Holocaust, Salo, Men Behind the Sun, Nekromantik, and the like were too well made to call disturbing, I would just consider those to be good films.

The August Underground films, the Guinea Pig films, Gateway Meat, etc. were fun to watch as gore reels, but far more entertaining than disturbing. The same is true for most of the older Mondo films; interesting to watch, but nothing remarkable.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:25 PM
病気の

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine View Post
Is Ensuring Your Place in Hell worthwhile? I heard similar descriptions of Gateway Meat which I tracked down recently and was entirely unimpressed.

Black Metal Veins was perhaps the most disturbing film I have seen recently. Despite the handful of staged scenes, it was pretty unnerving to see the toll heroin took on the subjects. Raven was, for lack of better terms, deflated and covered in open sores by the later segments yet completely unfazed and upbeat which was disconcerting even separate from the other events in the film. Intravenous whiskey was an interesting concept though. The 50's version of Death of a Salesman was quite disturbing too because it seems to be the most relatable horror film.

Serbian Film, Cannibal Holocaust, Salo, Men Behind the Sun, Nekromantik, and the like were too well made to call disturbing, I would just consider those to be good films.

The August Underground films, the Guinea Pig films, Gateway Meat, etc. were fun to watch as gore reels, but far more entertaining than disturbing. The same is true for most of the older Mondo films; interesting to watch, but nothing remarkable.
Ensuring Your Place in Hell is crap...got this from a respected source.

Quote:
It's consisted of 4 vids. The first two are shit: The first one deals with a couple of douches that break into a mortuary (it becomes dull). The second has a stuttering moron on camera talk about digging buddies up & learning how to clean their bones up. Both films..waste of time....3rd one is called Cooking with Huck Botko. Might be the onlt reason to buy it. Basically, Huck goes around to his family & makes these wonderful meals while adding the nastiest products (hobo's spit, herpes blood, a dead animal). It's funny, but seems fake...The final one is a hunter who blows up animals...that's it. It's the shortest vid of all. / I know there is a ebay type place that you can buy it for 15 bucks.
I'm going to pass. : )

The Gateway Meat is amazing. The greatest columbian necktie I ever seen. Ron DeCaro needs to get The Brightside Trilogy on DVD.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:57 PM

The effects in Gateway Meat were great, I just thought that the film seemed more amusing than disturbing. Like watching Taeter City.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:38 PM
病気の

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine View Post
The effects in Gateway Meat were great, I just thought that the film seemed more amusing than disturbing. Like watching Taeter City.

Ah, fair enough.

I haven't seen Taeter City but did watch Adam Chaplin. I liked it. One time viewing was enough.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:16 PM
Splatter Punkette

Send a message via AIM to Siemelle Send a message via MSN to Siemelle Send a message via Skype™ to Siemelle
Tough one!

Everyone is going to have a different opinion, I think, on what's shocking to them, but here are mine!

1. I Spit On Your Grave (1978) - As soon as the rape scene started and I realized it was going to drag out, I stopped watching and didn't finish it until many years later because it seemed very wrong. The movie made me very uncomfortable.

2. Last House on the Left (1972) - This made me very, very uncomfortable if only because the level of glee the rapists/murderers had was so well acted. Then to see the stark contrast of regret after they raped Mari? Horrifying. I managed to watch this the entire way through at least.

3. Cannibal Holocaust (1980) - I have tried to block as much of the imagery from the movie out of my mind.

4. The Forbidden Zone (1980) - This movie was one giant mind you-know-what. A topless, panty-clad princess having sex with a giant frog? A man with the mannerisms of a chicken? Points, though, for having Danny Elfman as Satan!

5. The Baby (1973) - I still don't know what I watched!
Old 08-26-2014, 03:23 AM
Evil Dead

THE BABY was indeed pretty twisted!
Another one that is hard going, although very well made is REQUIEM FOR A DREAM (2000) dealing with drug addiction, especially towards the end as things spiral out of control.