Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Avenger

Send a message via AIM to XFeaRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
I'm glad to hear people actually appreciate Death Proof... Honestly, I liked Planet Terror better, but I see the merits of Death Proof. I thought that Tarentino did a spectacular homage/parody to the genre of the CAR exploitation movies.

I feel as though a lot of people wrote the movie off specifically because they like to hate Tarentino. Honestly, the guy's a douche, it's true, but he is one HELL of a director.

Not to mention, Kurt Russel was pretty damn badass.
Yes, especially badass when...

*SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT*

Highlight text to read
He gets shot in the arm and screams and whines like a baby. :D
Old 12-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Fake Shemp

Send a message via AIM to The Vault of Horror Send a message via Yahoo to The Vault of Horror Send a message via Skype™ to The Vault of Horror
I was surprised to find that I enjoyed Death Proof more than Planet Terror. And I know that's a minority opinion among horror fans.

Listen to my internet radio station, Sublime to Ridiculous, at live365.com/stations/b_sol
Old 01-19-2008, 12:31 AM
Synthetic Flesh

I just managed to see Grindhouse at the cinema today.

This was its first cinema release in Australia - 1 week only at an independent cinema.

Death Proof received a wider release on its own a few months ago, but didn't last long in the cinemas.

I am so glad that I went along. I think these films really benefitted from being shown together. It heightened the atmosphere trying to be created of being in a 70's grindhouse cinema by showing it as a 'double feature' with faux trailers etc (a la I Drink Your Blood/I Eat Your Skin).

Planet Terror was great, but I did also enjoy Death Proof a whole lot. I really captured the atmosphere of car flicks/revenge flicks very well.

As an added bonus, before Grindhouse the same cinema showed Massacre at Central High. I love this film, and never thought I would get to see it on the big screen.

5 hours of great cinema today :)
Old 01-19-2008, 07:21 AM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
Gindhouse as a whole was amazing.

Awesome movie going experience. I enjoyed both flicks equally and that is saying a lot due to a lot of people hating Death Proof but they are all morons. :)
Old 01-19-2008, 07:25 AM
Evil Dead

Although I enjoyed Planet Terror more, I did like Death Proof.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:34 PM
Evil Dead

I loved it until the love scene/ missing reel. Then it jumped the shark big time and sucked until the end. Until then it had great pacing and was a great zombie flick.

She never reloaded her leg, she never even pulled the trigger. What a dumb concept anyway. But the first 2/3 are good...
Old 09-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Resident Bass Player

Planet Terror

What did you people think about Grindhouse's Planet Terror?

I thought it was one of the coolest horror movies made, and having an all-star cast including Bruce Willis, Michael Biehn, Jeff Fahey, Josh Brolin, Quentin Tarantino, Naveen Andrews, and the gorgeous Marley Shelton, and Rose McGowin doing that sexy dance.

It's loaded with gore, action sequences, and some great hypnotic music.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/planet_terror/