Old 03-11-2013, 04:35 AM
Little Boo

triangle in horror movies

Hi

I'm looking to find movies, books, or TV shows but particularly horror films that have a certain type of triangular conflict. Could someone please tell me if they know any stories that have

1. a triangle in which someone wants to kill (or kills) both his or her romantic interest and the romantic interest's lover. An example I've seen is the horror film Orphan (2009).
or

2. a triangle in which someone is approached by a leader of a group with the third person being a person of the opposite sex who belongs to the group. The leader wants the person to join and the person of the opposite sex loves the person and wants to leave with them. An example is the horror film Lost Boys (1987).

Thanks, Trevor
Old 03-28-2013, 08:38 PM
Sometimes dead is better

I suppose Psycho (1960) could be one. If you assume, that Norman Bates had internal romantic feelings for his Mother. That is not directly stated by the film, but is a possible interpretation.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Little Boo

If Bates' mother did exist then there would be a triangle in which the mother kills any woman she thinks is interested in her son. We also find out at the end that Norman killed both his mother and the lover she took after her husband died.

This second aspect is a double murder triangle but isn't shown in the film.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:35 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpederson View Post
If Bates' mother did exist then there would be a triangle in which the mother kills any woman she thinks is interested in her son. We also find out at the end that Norman killed both his mother and the lover she took after her husband died.

This second aspect is a double murder triangle but isn't shown in the film.
SPOILER :eek::eek::eek::p

Silence of the Lambs?

Join my Facebook Horror Group!