Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-17-2018, 02:24 AM
quamis quamis is offline
Hellraiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 27
Cool Coke VS Pepsi: Drinks in Horror Movies

Summertime. Cold drinks are the thing these hot days, specially in Hell. So pick your favorite soda can and enjoy the ultimate battle between Pepsi and Coca Cola in Horror Movies.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-17-2018, 05:12 AM
LuvablePsycho's Avatar
LuvablePsycho LuvablePsycho is offline
Rotten Stinky Zombie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: In a dark, dark place.
Posts: 1,048
I see Coke and Pepsi posters in a lot of old movies (not just horror movies), especially when there is a scene in a diner.

Personally I like coca cola products best, but I can't drink as much soda these days as I used to.
__________________
We R Going 2 Eat U!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-17-2018, 07:57 AM
Morningriser Morningriser is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,028
Coke, with that said, there is a whole section here for these sort of threads called "Compilations and Pastimes" for future reference.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-17-2018, 06:33 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 5,222
Coke! And no to high fructose corn syrup! Did you know Coke was made with real sugar until 1980? Go back to sugar, Coke!
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-17-2018, 06:35 PM
LuvablePsycho's Avatar
LuvablePsycho LuvablePsycho is offline
Rotten Stinky Zombie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: In a dark, dark place.
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Coke! And no to high fructose corn syrup! Did you know Coke was made with real sugar until 1980? Go back to sugar, Coke!
It was also made with cocaine. Just sayin
__________________
We R Going 2 Eat U!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-17-2018, 10:40 PM
ImmortalSlasher's Avatar
ImmortalSlasher ImmortalSlasher is offline
Immortal horror fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In a dark moonlit forest.
Posts: 1,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
It was also made with cocaine. Just sayin
I thought that was urban legend.

Anyway, I prefer Pepsi. It was always sweeter to me. Even more so if you shake it up a bit. Coke was stronger. I do like Cherry Coke though. Or did. I haven't had either one for years. I try to stay away from sugar water. Both of those companies have branched out in case anyone decides to quit that stuff. They make bottled water, teas, fruit juice, and other stuff to get your money if you quit their sugar water.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-17-2018, 11:26 PM
cheebacheeba's Avatar
cheebacheeba cheebacheeba is offline
What the shit?!?

 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,781
While I actually prefer the flavour of Pepsi...strangely enough I usually grab a Coke on autopilot.

To be honest neither of them are great representations of COLA.
"Cheap" brands taste far closer to the mark.
__________________
The door opened...you got in..:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-18-2018, 04:41 AM
LuvablePsycho's Avatar
LuvablePsycho LuvablePsycho is offline
Rotten Stinky Zombie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: In a dark, dark place.
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I thought that was urban legend.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cocaine-coca-cola/

https://amp-livescience-com.cdn.ampp...rom%20%251%24s

According to these two websites it's true. Plus this was in the 1800's and they didn't exactly have the kind of laws to regulate what went into products like we do now.
__________________
We R Going 2 Eat U!

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 07-18-2018 at 04:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-19-2018, 03:31 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 5,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I thought that was urban legend.

Anyway, I prefer Pepsi. It was always sweeter to me. Even more so if you shake it up a bit. Coke was stronger. I do like Cherry Coke though. Or did. I haven't had either one for years. I try to stay away from sugar water. Both of those companies have branched out in case anyone decides to quit that stuff. They make bottled water, teas, fruit juice, and other stuff to get your money if you quit their sugar water.
Yes, to me Coke has much more flavor, and Pepsi is probably sweeter, which I don't want. I used to enjoy Pepsi, but not anymore. In fact if I'm in the mood for a Coke at a restaurant, and they only have Pepsi, I'll order water instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cocaine-coca-cola/

https://amp-livescience-com.cdn.ampp...rom%20%251%24s

According to these two websites it's true. Plus this was in the 1800's and they didn't exactly have the kind of laws to regulate what went into products like we do now.
I see Coke's recipe is a strictly guarded secret. Wiki reads, "The primary taste of Coca-Cola is thought to come from vanilla and cinnamon, with trace amounts of essential oils, and spices such as nutmeg."
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-19-2018, 03:48 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 5,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
While I actually prefer the flavour of Pepsi...strangely enough I usually grab a Coke on autopilot.

To be honest neither of them are great representations of COLA.
"Cheap" brands taste far closer to the mark.
What would constitute a real COLA to you?

I was researching to see if Coke or any cola actually had Kola Nut in it, and apparently it's unknown. Kola Nut is used for its caffeine, which experts say actually has flavor to it (caffeine itself), but I read Kola Nut (and cocoa leaves) has a bitter taste, and it's unlikely any Kola Nut flavor is in Western colas. As a posted above, I read the primary traditional taste of cola is vanilla, cinnamon and citrus.

Coke used to have Kola Nut and cocoa leaf extract, and may now, but it's unknown and doubtful.

Speaking of other brands, I read this post, "I actually just picked up a 6 pack of organic Blue Sky soda from Big Lots the other day and it contains natural kola nut flavouring, and it's manufactured on the U.S. so you may be able to find it at other stores. It's the first I've ever heard of the nut."
__________________
.
.
.
.


Last edited by Sculpt; 07-21-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
battle, coke, drinks, horror, pepsi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:59 AM.