Old 08-12-2005, 04:43 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Hopefully Future Shop has it in stock, if they do Ill get it today. Actually...I'll probably check another store, too. One of the 2 better have it...if not, Ill get Welcome to my Nightmare. Might get both anyway...dunno if I have enough though.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:27 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
I either called or went to 4 different stores...ended up just getting Welcome to my Nightmare. Should be kickass anyway.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:48 PM
PRIVATE EYE

Send a message via AIM to nine9
Quote:
Originally posted by Marroe
From the Inside....

"Millie and Billie" is one of the sweetest love songs ever:p
I love that album too! :D And I agee on that song.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Misanthrope

The man was brilliant.

Is he still doing the Christian thing?

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
alice cooper is who marilyn manson wanted so badly to be .. but Marilyn got caught up in the image and forgot that Alice Cooper was popular because he could rock.
Manson could rock with the best of them (Portrait of an American Family and Antichrist Superstar are up their with Cooper's finer moments). Manson and Cooper are both fine examples of how hype ruins a good artist. Fame and notoriety went to both of their heads and their music suffered because of it. Alice Cooper has some horrible excuses for albums, especially after he dropped his original band. Welcome to my Nightmare was the last really good thing he did.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Hellraiser

Alice Cooper

I really like the song the man behind the mask.Jason from friday the thirteenth was what gave him the idea for the song.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
The man was brilliant.

Is he still doing the Christian thing?

Manson could rock with the best of them (Portrait of an American Family and Antichrist Superstar are up their with Cooper's finer moments). Manson and Cooper are both fine examples of how hype ruins a good artist. Fame and notoriety went to both of their heads and their music suffered because of it. Alice Cooper has some horrible excuses for albums, especially after he dropped his original band. Welcome to my Nightmare was the last really good thing he did.

i think you'll see in the end that cooper had/will have a more solid body of work than Manson at the end of his career ..

Cooper was for a time - all about the live shows and thats where the hype came from ..
Manson was more the videos and the magazines (again - talking about hype)

both of them also found their popularity fueled by the 'christian groups' that tried to stop them. I thinki this helped Manson more then Cooper though as he was pretty established - and stayed established for a long time.

the other thing working against Manson is how fast music is changing now .. how fickle the fan base is .. no one stays 'cool' for very long these days - especially the ones that seem more gimmicy than others.

I myself didnt dislike - or like Manson .. some of his stuff was ok but it'll never have the lasting impression that Alice Cooper had for me ... (he was also far more diverse and had a great sense of humor)
Old 08-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Misanthrope

Manson had some pretty amazing live shows for awhile there during the Antichrist Superstar tour. I'm not really into him at all but I think they'll be seen in the same light. But Alice started it all and has a good 30 years ahead of Manson of people appreacating his work in a different light compared to when it came out. I've started to enjoy a few Manson albums if people have put them on because I see him in a different light to when it first came out. But yeh..... Mr Cooper is definatley better.

I think that nothing "stays cool" for very long these days because the industry has become more of a exploitative monster since the grunge explosion. The industry just chews up and spits out genres a lot quicker than it used too.... looking for the next big thing to make a $ off. The majority of so called music fans just follow what the industry press and televison tells them too like fucking sheep.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ

I think that nothing "stays cool" for very long these days because the industry has become more of a exploitative monster since the grunge explosion. The industry just chews up and spits out genres a lot quicker than it used too.... looking for the next big thing to make a $ off. The majority of so called music fans just follow what the industry press and televison tells them too like fucking sheep.
what amazes me are the ones that do stay in the limelight - like brittney spears ..

the more banal the music is the longer it lasts ...
its the marketing - its how many little girls you can convince to want to be brittney - and how many guys you can convince to want to fuck her ..

the music business isnt concerned with music at all..
like you said - it is an ugly unsatiable monster ...
Old 08-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
what amazes me are the ones that do stay in the limelight - like brittney spears ..

the more banal the music is the longer it lasts ...
its the marketing - its how many little girls you can convince to want to be brittney - and how many guys you can convince to want to fuck her ..

the music business isnt concerned with music at all..
like you said - it is an ugly unsatiable monster ...
That shit is fucking terrible. Mass media brainwashing of the youth. It makes me sick seeing 8 y.o girls in Brittney, ect style clothes. They've enforced their idealogy and turned kids into something that they shouldn't be. Punk and Metal are the usual scapegoats for destroying moralistic values/ changing kids appearances but at least those genres have a (somewhat) positive message and don't treat the kids like "product".
Old 08-22-2005, 04:04 AM
Misanthrope

Unfinished Sweet

Candy everywhere , got chocolate in my hair
Aching to get me
Stickly sweet suckers in the Halloween air
Aching to get me
Saint Vitus dance on my morals tonight
Aching to get me
Aching to get me, get me oh ...
Take it to the doc, I guess he ought to know
La, la, la, da
Which ones can stay , which one gotta go
He looks in my mouth and then he starts to gloat
He says me teeth are O.K.
But my gums got to go
Oh oh ...
I come off the gas but I'm still seeing spies
Aching to get me
I can see them all through a glassy pair of eyes
Aching to get me
De Sade's gonna live in my mouth tonight
La, da, da, da, da
And the rotten tooth fairy is satisfied
La, da, da, da, da
Aching to get me, get me oh ...

I really dig this song at the moment off Billion Dollar Babies.

.......anyone else tripped out by Dentists? :eek: