Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-23-2010, 05:12 AM
Waste Disposer

I do live on the East Coast dudette, but below the mason dixon line... where the locals are missing teeth and chromosomes:D

I LOVED all the Tales and Creeps and Zones...loved them, loved them:cool:
Old 02-23-2010, 06:41 AM
EVERY DAY IS A HAPPY DAY

Send a message via Skype™ to crazy raplh
Trick R treat is great. It had a nice Halloween feel to it. Don't try to dig into it just enjoy it for what it is, and always check your candy. LOL

http://www.yourwellnessbreakthrough.com/jdrewien/
Old 02-23-2010, 05:14 PM
She's under the stairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
I KNEW I had an ultra-cool doppelganger out there... Come move out to the East Coast so we can hang, k? :cool:

And I agree with Des - I think you'll love it, though I have to warn you, if you're not a fan of Creepshow, you might not (Mark HATED Creepshow and can't watch Trick 'r Treat without thinking, "It's a Creepshow wannabe.")... See, me, I liked Creepshow and I feel as though Trick 'r Treat was making a more modern adaptation of the pump medium by tying in Halloween urban legends... It's definitely clever AND well-made.

And it's not "random" at all - It's a well-taylored compilation of urban myth and pulp that is an homage to Creepshow, Tales from the Crypt, and 80s slashers... It's a very smart film and I think a must-see for horror lovers.

I disagree.

I don't think it worked all that well. The story's were weak and there where no real frights. And the character at the end and the start, what the fuck was that meant to be?

I was really disappointed this one after all the hype it got on HDC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 02-26-2010, 12:30 AM
Little Boo

I saw this at Frightfest in London back in August. It was one of the most anticipated, hyped up films and it just didn't deliver. It was better than most of the teen slasher films coming out these days, but in terms of being a real horror great it didn't add anything to the genre at all.

There's definitely a reason this is a straight to DVD release.